• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Gator,

Will you break your 1-year slump at Heroes this year with a six figure sales weekend, or will MegaCon reign supreme as the south's best show for you?

Regards,

Jive

BTW, I hope to find something high grade and Schomburg-related on your wall display to buy. :wishluck:

Dear Gator,

Will you break your 1-year slump at Heroes this year with a six figure sales weekend, or will MegaCon reign supreme as the south's best show for you?

Regards,

Jive

BTW, I hope to find something high grade and Schomburg-related on your wall display to buy. :wishluck:

The slump will no doubt continue ...I will sell more $1 books this year due to the fact that I don't have the wall book inventory this year :cry:

Megacon was my best show last year and destinies to reign supreme this year too

(tsk) thank goodness no krogers in my neck of the woods

Piggly Wiggly?

There was one years ago that closed down when publix hit town

Gator,

Coverless Comic Battle Royale--you call the shots. Which are your Top 3 Winners?

Guidelines: All copies are missing both front and back but are unrestored and complete. Million Dollar comics excluded from competing.

Gator,

Coverless Comic Battle Royale--you call the shots. Which are your Top 3 Winners?

Guidelines: All copies are missing both front and back but are unrestored and complete. Million Dollar comics excluded from competing.

I love tec 35 , hangman 3 (2 great splash pages that are almost if not better than the covers!) ...batman 47 is a great ga story where the cover is not the draw for me. Love reading it (never get tired)

But there are many timelys that have great 2 pg centerfolds that are spectacular too

can't imagine how difficult it must be to try to find these books thousands of miles away. But I salute you on your perseverence.

Ok - this is the ask GAtor thread, so.....GAtor:

If Train A is headed WSW @ 50 mph and Train B is headed ENE at 52 mph directly at Train A......................................

when are you going to post a sick GA thread like you did about 18 months ago :cloud9:

unfortunately for me, I have sold about 70% of the books I had accumulated...my inventory is all but drastically depleted, so no sales threads any time soon...

Hi Gator,

Just curious. Why you sell 3/4 of your books without re-stock? Are you afraid that their price will go down and you will loose money or there is a different reason? (shrug)

Thanks in advance! (thumbs u

can't imagine how difficult it must be to try to find these books thousands of miles away. But I salute you on your perseverence.

If Train A is headed WSW @ 50 mph and Train B is headed ENE at 52 mph directly at Train A......................................

when are you going to post a sick GA thread like you did about 18 months ago :cloud9:

unfortunately for me, I have sold about 70% of the books I had accumulated...my inventory is all but drastically depleted, so no sales threads any time soon...

Hi Gator,

Just curious. Why you sell 3/4 of your books without re-stock? Are you afraid that their price will go down and you will loose money or there is a different reason? (shrug)

because prises have risen so much in the past few months (most unexplainably), that books I would like to "restock" are either not available or are selling for prices considerably higher than I just sold for, and I believe many of the prices to be inflated, so I will wait for market to settle (thumbs u

Hi Gator,

because prises have risen so much in the past few months (most unexplainably), that books I would like to "restock" are either not available or are selling for prices considerably higher than I just sold for, and I believe many of the prices to be inflated, so I will wait for market to settle (thumbs u

Thanks for the quick response!

g.a.tor, with the pigskin streak at 6, will either the tigers, gators, 'cats or ' make it 4 at the cws? and if so, has a conference ever had the f'ball, roundball and hardball titles at the same time?

g.a.tor, with the pigskin streak at 6, will either the tigers, gators, 'cats or ' make it 4 at the cws? and if so, has a conference ever had the f'ball, roundball and hardball titles at the same time?

an' like, whose gonna win the cricket world cup?

an' like, whose gonna win the cricket world cup?

it's going to bug me 'til i find out.

2006/7 Gators held the f'ball, roundball but I think OSU won hardball...

I went through the years Kentucky won Basketball, and the conference didn't win both other 2...so, my short answer is "no"

there's also an arky roundball win, but they won nothing else.
yep, I knew we hadn't won the FB in 1994 (neb), so just checked KY

Young whippersnappers.

1972 Pac 8

Football USC 12-0 before BCS

Baseball USC

Basketball UCLA

I graduated from Berkeley. We never win at most sports (except rugby), but had the highest ranked department in my major, statistics.

When the basketball or football team did well, there was usually some NCAA rules violation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_football_national_championships_in_NCAA_Division_I_FBS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pacific-12_Conference_national_championships

I graduated from Berkeley. We never win at most sports (except rugby), but had the highest ranked department in my major, statistics.

How was the attendance at the statistics events and were the cheerleaders pretty? :jokealert:

i can relate to that - university of waterloo ontario, best school in the world for Actuarial Science....and the best looking girls were comparable to those making appearances on the The Big Bang Theory.

Hey Gator,you seem to be the man to ask I saw that you were interested in my classic Cheslers I posted a week back .I'm interested in learning how many mid to upper grades of the Punch 12 are around I see the milehigh copy and the crowley copy but other than lower grades around which has seem to dry up in the last few years.I would honor your input to this subject.Thanks Comicjack