• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Not mine (thumbs u

You've quit the team?

of course not. The gators got it handed to them ...out there for all to see. I just don't take wins and losses personally any longer. I love to see them win but if they lose such is life (thumbs u

Not mine (thumbs u

You've quit the team?

of course not. The gators got it handed to them ...out there for all to see. I just don't take wins and losses personally any longer. I love to see them win but if they lose such is life (thumbs u

Says the man with a chomping Gator as his avatar :eyeroll:

Not mine (thumbs u

You've quit the team?

Says the man with a chomping Gator as his avatar :eyeroll:

guess I'm getting old :cry:

But not as old as you :baiting:

Most surprising bowl game so far. Almost seems like if an SEC team doesn't make the championship game, they can't be bothered to show up for a "lesser" bowl game. And this was the Sugar Bowl, for goodness sake!

actuall text to my brother before the game started:

Me: L'vill's honorary captain is Muhammed Ali? I've got a bad feeling about this...

Him: lol

Me: I mean one of our Honorary captain's most recent appearances was at the opening of a new Hyundai Dealership... theirs LIT THE OLYMPIC TORCH

Him: lol

Me: No Im serious the karma is not going to go our way....

2 minutes later L'ville gets a pick 6 and it was all down hill

Not piling or anything, but I found this on ESPN:

"The Sugar Bowl's announced crowd of 54,178 was the game's worst since 1939, and the smallest ever for a BCS bowl. In other words, don't expect to see the Gators back on Bourbon Street any time soon if the Sugar Bowl has anything to do with it. Florida reportedly sold about 7,000 tickets of its 17,500 allotment. Louisville sold about 15,000.

The Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl drew more fans this season than the Sugar Bowl.... Florida has now played in five of the past seven Sugar Bowls with crowds under 70,000."

Where's Gator Nation? ;)

Not piling or anything, but I found this on ESPN:

"The Sugar Bowl's announced crowd of 54,178 was the game's worst since 1939, and the smallest ever for a BCS bowl. In other words, don't expect to see the Gators back on Bourbon Street any time soon if the Sugar Bowl has anything to do with it. Florida reportedly sold about 7,000 tickets of its 17,500 allotment. Louisville sold about 15,000.

The Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl drew more fans this season than the Sugar Bowl.... Florida has now played in five of the past seven Sugar Bowls with crowds under 70,000."

Where's Gator Nation? ;)

If it was Florida-Oklahoma, people would've showed. This wasn't supposed to be a game (think Utah-Alabama 3 years ago). The better question is where were the players, not the fans. Worst performance in years. Very disappointing.

Dear Gator:

It was minus 17 degrees in my office this morning. How do I keep my water bottle from freezing?

good question...add a bit of urine and you are good to go!...liquid sunshine