• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Gator. Can you find me a nice Spirit 20 in say 8.0+ this year. It's gonna be a cold winter.
consulting my 8 ball... "Outlook is cloudy"

(shrug)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> smiley-gata.gif

[font:Times New Roman]Dear Gator,

What are the prospects for Rachel Caine's Kickstarter project getting funded over the next three days? hm

Note: For those outside the loop, Rachel Caine is my spousal unit & boardie Ms Fury.

Board thread link...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6771306#Post6771306

Kickstarter page link...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2059515068/morganville-the-web-tv-series

It's squeaky bum time here, but we're optimistic! What do you think? [/font] :wishluck:

Dear Gator,

Do you see any long term prospects for Showcase 34(1st Silver Age Atom)? Beautiful artwork, but it seems to have fallen off the radar.

Dear Gator,

Do you see any long term prospects for Showcase 34(1st Silver Age Atom)? Beautiful artwork, but it seems to have fallen off the radar.

outlook is good

What are the prospects for Rachel Caine's Kickstarter project getting funded over the next three days? hm

Note: For those outside the loop, Rachel Caine is my spousal unit & boardie Ms Fury.

Board thread link...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6771306#Post6771306

Kickstarter page link...

It's squeaky bum time here, but we're optimistic! What do you think? [/font] :wishluck:

outlook is cloudier than outside my window

Dear Gator,

outlook is good

:acclaim:

Board thread link...

Kickstarter page link...

outlook is cloudier than outside my window

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :news:

>>>smiley-chores027.gif>>>>> [font:Times New Roman] Look again![/font] >>> smiley-happy057.gif

I have seen vf copies of wf3 but those square bounds are tough in that grade. They don't come up for sale all that often. Maybe look for a nice fine or better if you are in a hurry (thumbs u

I dont show much, but when I do.....

That's a great looking copy!

Even though this is in the Golden Age forum, I thought I would ask a a silver age question. So GAtor which silver age flash would you purchase - flash 105 or showcase - and why?
showcase 4 has exploded in price lately. It is the more significant of the two. That said flash 105 is cheap right now. So for value , flash 105 is a good buy right now. For significance , showcase 4 is "the" sa dc book to own

Even though this is in the Golden Age forum, I thought I would ask a a silver age question. So GAtor which silver age flash would you purchase - flash 105 or showcase - and why?
showcase 4 has exploded in price lately. It is the more significant of the two. That said flash 105 is cheap right now. So for value , flash 105 is a good buy right now. For significance , showcase 4 is "the" sa dc book to own

Thanks G.A.tor. It also feels like showcase 8 is picking up steam, but I could be wrong. Overall, I guess I will focus my attention on picking up a showcase 4.

Thanks G.A.tor. It also feels like showcase 8 is picking up steam, but I could be wrong. Overall, I guess I will focus my attention on picking up a showcase 4.

I had about a dozen copies of sc4 last year this time. I only have 4 left and that's b. c. I kept raising price to slow down sales ( every copy I sold would cost me more today to replace than I sold them for). Only sold one of my 3 flash 105s and haven't adjusted price at all. Also only have the one sc8 since last year (Chicago will be first show I offer it at)

I had about a dozen copies of sc4 last year this time. I only have 4 left and that's b. c. I kept raising price to slow down sales ( every copy I sold would cost me more today to replace than I sold them for). Only sold one of my 3 flash 105s and haven't adjusted price at all. Also only have the one sc8 since last year (Chicago will be first show I offer it at)

All I'm getting out of this is the Gator likes to Flash people. (shrug)

Do you think these are actually Okajimas (they're both in Comicconnects Sept auction)

Planet Comics #33:

They have it listed as an Okajima, which since its not listed on the label as the ped, I assume means they have the certificate.

But for the time frame (late '44) the book has neither the camp markings, or the post camp distribution markings that I've seen on every Okajima that I can remember.

Also I havent seen Okajima's with this much dust shadowing (see back cover) either.

Any thoughts?

QI2zmnC.jpg

G917o8t.jpg

Also they've listed a Planet Comics #52

Still no front cover scan showing, but the back cover shows some date stamping that I havent seen on the Okajimas, and again none of the taletale distribution codes that are typically on the cover from this period. Also again, the back cover scan has a lot of discoloration that I havent commonly seen on the Okajimas.

CyXg5dX.jpg

What are your thoughts?

Do you think these are actually Okajimas (they're both in Comicconnects Sept auction)

Planet Comics #33:

They have it listed as an Okajima, which since its not listed on the label as the ped, I assume means they have the certificate.

But for the time frame (late '44) the book has neither the camp markings, or the post camp distribution markings that I've seen on every Okajima that I can remember.

Also I havent seen Okajima's with this much dust shadowing (see back cover) either.

Any thoughts?

QI2zmnC.jpg

G917o8t.jpg

Also they've listed a Planet Comics #52

Still no front cover scan showing, but the back cover shows some date stamping that I havent seen on the Okajimas, and again none of the taletale distribution codes that are typically on the cover from this period. Also again, the back cover scan has a lot of discoloration that I havent commonly seen on the Okajimas.

CyXg5dX.jpg

What are your thoughts?

Might be erroneous listing.

Great insight as always G.A.tor. I wish a had the cash on hand to pick-up one of your Showcase 4s. :banana:

Great insight as always G.A.tor. I wish a had the cash on hand to pick-up one of your Showcase 4s. :banana:

But isn't he advising that you buy a Flash 105? hm

But isn't he advising that you buy a Flash 105? hm

After re-reading the post, I guess the better move would be to pick-up the 105 now while the prices are stagnant. Thanks for the catch Sqeggs.