• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Gator,

What Superman/Batman book do you think is most likely to go up in price due to the new movie?

The top 3 are superman 76, worlds finest 71 and all star 36, IMO. Though all three are already cool books with decent to good demand (thumbs u

Dear Gator,

Starting last year there was a large spike in 1940s-1950s baseball card collections sold to my local shop.

The sellers were either elderly men, their widows, or their children.

Did/do golden-age comics have a similar pattern?

If so, what era/timespan will show up next?

Thx

I think I remember jbcomicbox showing an awesome copy of Fantastic #3 a while ago. I think it was the Church or Larson.

I have the Larson - it has a few problems and doesn't come close to comparing to JB's Church copy, but it's a favorite nonetheless.

:cloud9:

I just did a search and saw where you posted your copy. What a great book.

I'm surprised you haven't sold it to Metro yet. :insane:

Dear Gator,

How steamed do you think sacentaur is at the idea of selling his Larson Fantastic 3 to Metro?

R

I think I remember jbcomicbox showing an awesome copy of Fantastic #3 a while ago. I think it was the Church or Larson.

I have the Larson - it has a few problems and doesn't come close to comparing to JB's Church copy, but it's a favorite nonetheless.

Dear Gator,

How steamed do you think sacentaur is at the idea of selling his Larson Fantastic 3 to Metro?

R

trinidad moruga pepper hot

lol

Dear Gator,

What is the FMV for a raw Good- 1.8 Action Comics #18, taped spine, off-white to white pages. Centerfold detached, but present. Book is complete.

Thank you,

FM

:popcorn:

Edited by FUELMAN

Dear Gator,

R

trinidad moruga pepper hot

[font:Times New Roman]I dunno, he could always visit Fishler's trophy case by appointment. [/font] :whistle:

lol

Dear Gator,

What is the FMV for a raw Good- 1.8 Action Comics #18, taped spine, off-white to white pages. Centerfold detached, but present. Book is complete.

Thank you,

FM

400ish. Maybe higher but depends on eye appeal

lol

Dear Gator,

Thank you,

FM

Metro has one with lower PQ and lesser eye appeal for $600.................. hm ...........Is this your final answer?

lol

Dear Gator,

Thank you,

FM

Metro has one with lower PQ and lesser eye appeal for $600.................. hm ...........Is this your final answer?

Can he poll the audience or phone a friend? :D

Dear gator - a year ago I asked If you had any lead for me to follow for World's Finest Comic #3 - preferably in 6.0 - 7.0.

12 months on, and after the usual ebay 'false alarms' (not that I am keen to go down that route) I still find myself no nearer to claiming one.

Have any new one come onto the market that you could point me towards?

Great thread here btw.

Cheers

Dear gator - a year ago I asked If you had any lead for me to follow for World's Finest Comic #3 - preferably in 6.0 - 7.0.

12 months on, and after the usual ebay 'false alarms' (not that I am keen to go down that route) I still find myself no nearer to claiming one.

Great thread here btw.

Cheers

Gator has one. At least he did in Chicago.

lol

Dear Gator,

Thank you,

FM

Taped spine these days is big turn off. I sold a 2.0 for 500 so yes, 400+ (maybe upto 5 if nice eye appeal) is my final opinion

Great thread here btw.

Cheers

it is a consigned copy. But yes, I know where a 7.0 is

Great thread here btw.

Cheers

Bloody hell!

I would kindly ask you to PM me some details, when you have the time.

Many Thanks. (and to Ciorac too)

Great thread here btw.

Cheers

Bloody hell!

I would kindly ask you to PM me some details, when you have the time.

Many Thanks. (and to Ciorac too)

(thumbs u

Dear Gator,

R

Classic gold! lol

Dear Gator,

What Superman/Batman book do you think is most likely to go up in price due to the new movie?

The top 3 are superman 76, worlds finest 71 and all star 36, IMO. Though all three are already cool books with decent to good demand (thumbs u

Dear Gator,

What would you say is a good price for a World's Finest 71 CGC 4.0 right now with Cm/OW pages

Thanks

NB