• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2018 at 8:58 AM, G.A.tor said:

I have no home/space right now to store my stuff. There is no available safe storage facilities anywhere in the area. I’ve talked with vinny at metro/cc and he’s going to assist with the movement at auction of my centaurs to start. And then I will proceed from there  

Nice to hear that the boys at Metro are stepping up to give you a hand with moving some of your books for you, similar to how they were there for Richard with respect to the flooding problems that hit his stores down in Texas a while back.  

Of course, it's also to their financial advantage at the same time, but always nice to know that they are there if you ever do need them to help you move your books in a time of need.  (thumbsu

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Nice to hear that the boys at Metro are stepping up to give you a hand with moving some of your books for you, similar to how they were there for Richard with respect to the flooding problems that hit his stores down in Texas a while back.  

Of course, it's also to their financial advantage at the same time, but always nice to know that they are there if you ever do need them to help you move your books in a time of need.  (thumbsu

Kudos to Vince for stepping up.

46 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

I am an avid follower of the "Adventures Of Vincent" on Facebook..... I REALLY like that guy. Rick is a top shelf guy too ….. and while it might suck for a little while, he WILL rise from the ashes. Rick's a winner. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 11/29/2018 at 6:29 AM, G.A.tor said:

Apparently all good things must come to an end. 

After serving bay county collectors for almost 19 years, New Force Comics has to close it doors dec 31st

our shopping center complex manager informed me yesterday that our lease is terminated and we have until the 31st to vacate. 

Unfortunately 1000s of businesses and properties were devastated by the hurricane. So, there is no where to move to. 

Will be seeing you all on the convention scene!

Life can be unfair sometimes. Just stay positive in ahead of you.

On 11/29/2018 at 6:29 AM, G.A.tor said:

Apparently all good things must come to an end. 

After serving bay county collectors for almost 19 years, New Force Comics has to close it doors dec 31st

our shopping center complex manager informed me yesterday that our lease is terminated and we have until the 31st to vacate. 

Unfortunately 1000s of businesses and properties were devastated by the hurricane. So, there is no where to move to. 

Will be seeing you all on the convention scene!

I am so sad and sorry about all of this, Rick.   You probably don't remember but I bought my copy of Amazing Spider-Man #1 from you and have asked for your advice several times (once a phone call to seek advice on buying a collection).  You were always so kind and helpful.  I sad earlier, I cannot even begin to imagine what you and others in that area are going through.  We had a devastating EF5 tornado sweep through a community about 15 miles from me in Moore, Oklahoma in 2013.  I volunteered to help n clean up and during donation hand-out.  There were some folks that I worked with that lost everything and I remember it being like a war zone.  In the blink of an eye and your life is turned upside down.  My thoughts and prayers continue for you and your family.  

11 hours ago, jimjum12 said:
11 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

I am an avid follower of the "Adventures Of Vincent" on Facebook..... I REALLY like that guy. Rick is a top shelf guy too ….. and while it might suck for a little while, he WILL rise from the ashes. Rick's a winner. GOD BLESS....

@jimjum12Vincent is of italian heritage, right?
Do you know if he speaks italian? That would be awesome. I rarely purchased from Metro mostly because they use FedEx for international orders – not that is very expensive but FedEx handles the customs practices and this results often in higher customs taxes (also by mistake in nailing down the type of goods). Worldwide is excellent, in that sense.

Hey @G.A.tor, if you decide to go for the site I could give you a few tips to build up a loyal foreign customers fanbase! :)

Edited by vaillant

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

Is that your complete Centuar collection?

I suspect that's the last of Gator's New Force store inventory, but you could;d be right.  The long and short of it, ...his collection of Centaurs would probably be in different boxes and a different state by now (if they're in an upcoming auction).  Then again, shipping valuable books requires substantial packing, so you might be right.

Edited by Cat-Man_America

11 hours ago, vaillant said:

Do you know if he speaks italian? That would be awesome. I rarely purchased from Metro mostly because they use FedEx for international orders – not that is very expensive but FedEx handles the customs practices and this results often in higher customs taxes (also by mistake in nailing down the type of goods). Worldwide is excellent, in that sense.

He was in Italy not long ago with his Dad .... they went to a Comic Show and he was dressed as Wolverine and his Pop went as Magneto .... GOD BLESS....

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:
13 hours ago, vaillant said:

He was in Italy not long ago with his Dad .... they went to a Comic Show and he was dressed as Wolverine and his Pop went as Magneto .... GOD BLESS....

That is pretty cool! How old is his father?
At this point I suppose they speak italian… What do you say? I could try to befriend him and have some discount while I am at it!
WIN-WIN?

34 minutes ago, vaillant said:

That is pretty cool! How old is his father?
At this point I suppose they speak italian… What do you say? I could try to befriend him and have some discount while I am at it!
WIN-WIN?

Send him a friend request on Facebook ..... If he accepted me he'll accept anybody..... and while I've never broken bread with him, he seems like a genuinely decent fellow. GOD BLESS....

18 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Yes. 11 boxes 

I wish you all the best, what would you consider to be the rarest items in terms of duplicating finding another copy, not based upon value ?  Is the collection going to be sold at one time or over several auctions?

Edited by Mmehdy