• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duties on comics entering America?

15 posts in this topic

If you receive a package from abroad with a declared value of say $300 or more will you have to pay duty or tax on it? Have all my books packaged from my sales thread but a few of the packages are worth considerably more than $300 and I would like to insure them.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

Nobody gets jacked like Canadians do when it comes to this stuff.

Used to be about 10% when something crossed the border. Now I'm not sure what it is since they came out with the Harmonized tax (GST and PST combined).

Insane.

roy,

Since hst is supposed to be revenue neutral (except in ON where the prov'l government is offering you a subsidy for the pain of the hst unlike BC which is getting nada from BC gov't), only 5% gst is added to comics since most of them were published in USA now entering Canada. Perhaps there should be no gst on comic parcels to Canada that were initially printed by Quebecor in Canada then (80%+ of USA print run) trucked for distribution in USA, back to Canada, foreign int'l countries?

There has always been 12% hst (or combined taxes fed and prov'l) on OA entering Canada as it is not a book (with not too much advertising like a mag which is subject to 12% hst).

Ergo, greggy is getting jacked (with a smile :devil:)in BC, Canada harsher than roy in ON.

I've never doodied on a comic, but I've used one to wipe with.

But it was a Youngblood comic, so it really doesn't count as a "comic".

doodieman-young.gif

Thanks for clarifying!

dear roy,

Make sure your Pep #22 is declared as a "comic BOOK" on front of parcel entering Canada, not "comic magazine" unless you enjoy remitting 12% to support social programs in Canada (that keep greggy off the streets :roflmao: and online instead).

Thanks for clarifying!

dear roy,

Make sure your Pep #22 is declared as a "comic BOOK" on front of parcel entering Canada, not "comic magazine" unless you enjoy remitting 12% to support social programs in Canada (that keep greggy off the streets :roflmao: and online instead).

At least I still don't live at home at 46!!! lol

Thanks for clarifying!

dear roy,

I'm not 46.

meh

Thanks for clarifying!

dear roy,

You live someone else's home? :tonofbricks:

Thanks for clarifying!

dear roy,

You live someone else's home? :tonofbricks:

I'm 43, dufus