• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rhys Ifans to Play the Spider-Man Villain

35 posts in this topic

They said "Rhys' incredible ability to embody both warmth and rage makes him the ideal choice for this character." What Spidey villain displays "warmth"? Only one that comes to mind is Curt Connors and the Lizard.

They said "Rhys' incredible ability to embody both warmth and rage makes him the ideal choice for this character." What Spidey villain displays "warmth"? Only one that comes to mind is Curt Connors and the Lizard.

Morbius? hm

Morbius? hm

Yea that's a definite possibility.

Morbius? hm

doh! That will probably be it. Trying to cash in on all the vampire . Hopefully not.

Yeah I've noticed Morbius popping up on more covers lately.

Hmm...I'm sitting here thinking of all the actors in The Replacements that have been in a comics related movie now.

Jon Favreau...take your pick Daredevil or Iron Man?

Keanu Reaves...Constantine

Rhys Ifans....Ultimate Spider-Man

Gene Hackman....Superman I-IV

Hmm...who else? Orlando Jones?

Morbius? hm

doh! That will probably be it. Trying to cash in on all the vampire . Hopefully not.
That was my first thought as well. :P

Now I know I won't see this movie, :censored: Vampire &&*$!

I can't believe none of you have mentioned his physical double:

The Vulture

Ifan is the skinniest, wiriest guy working in HW today, and as far as physical traits, he's a spot-on Vulture.

But I think we all realize that any Spider-man movie looked to start the run over, will make use of Norman Osborne/Green Goblin. No question.

Agree with above posts. Definitely vulture. Was going to post it but then decided to click page two and have thankfully avoided looking like a m0m0 with an "original" idea.

With having Gwen as the female lead this movie is showing that it's going to follow the original mythos somewhat OR maybe the Spectacular Animated / Ultimate universe. That being the case... getting in on the vulture early makes perfect sense.

Connors/Lizard fits too and would make sense from an origin story perspective but the dude just looks like the Vulture.