• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

finally Home, mY NYcc report

91 posts in this topic

Wish I was there......................

No biggie. We were top heavy with Brits. (thumbs u

Not the good ones though :whistle:

All the good ones died young

Were you their physician?

and I thought you cared :cry:

I do care. You post so infrequently, I forget you're on my Top of the Pops. :baiting:

:whee:

Not the good ones though :whistle:

All the good ones died young

Were you their physician?

Only for their prostate exams...Shazam!

our table changed daily, here it was it looked like on one day, but we rotated books

nycc2010005.jpg

where'd that 7.0 Tec 29 come from? :o
pretty isn't it...yours for a mere 90k

as I get time tomorrow, I will recap some market trends I noticed at the show, as well as express some well earned kudos to some folks out there

:popcorn:

ok, as promised, I wanted to share a few thoughts...

golden age:

Timely: Captain America Comics are heating up...in the last month or so, we have sold 3 Cap 1's, all at "record" prices for their respective grades, and quite honestly, we sold each of the 3 cheaper than we needed to or could have gotten (in other words, we could and would get more, if we held out)...

also, caps as a whole sold well and seem to be picking up a little steam...of late (last year +), caps had actually been trending down from previous years levels (both in actualy multiple of guide, and in realized price), but I see that trend reversing course...

DC: Superman 14 (have sold 15 of 18 owned copies in the last 4 months), Superman 17 (have sold 6 of the 7 owned copies in the last 4 months), Batman 47 (have sold 5 of the 6 ownded copies in the last 4 months) are still among the most liquid of DC GA books for me... Demand for WW has also increased a bit on the Sensation and WW front, but still a bit cool on the AS8 line... naturally, pre robin tecs and pre 20 actions are always in demand, so price them high and wait for them to sell...

MLJ: Archie is "hot"...we all know that... Pep 34, which I couldn't find a copy of to buy, looking for years, has had 3 copies show up in the past 3 months , 2 of which I have been lucky enough to buy, and a third that is rumored to be coming to auction soon

Centaurs:Also, several folks are keeping some issues in demand...Aman 26 in an upcoming auction should prove interesting

marvel SA, Hulk 1 remains the most requested SA key... AF15 is , of course, on its heels, but we have sold every single copy of Hulk 1 we have been able to buy this year (7 total, I believe)...we have sold most every single copy of AF15 (8 of 10)... spidey 1 and TOS 39 have slowed a bit, and might even need to be discounted from recent asking prices, to move... JIM 83 has received a little more attention, while FF 1 is also seeming to turn back from "down" to "up"...we sold or are close to selling several nice copies...TTA 27 always sells when priced right (we have sold 2 copies lately)...foolkiller mentioned xmen 1 in his report, but I see the opposite...we actually had 3 copies for sale, all cgc , and the 8.5 was actually discounted a bit pre show, to move, and the other 2 (3.0 and 9.2 slight) got little to no interest at the show... we did have a 9.4 sell for us in clink at over 100K, but is that the exception, or the trend ...jury is still out hm

DC Sa....can really be summed up with 2 books...SC 22, which , while it was last years bull, is still running fine, and now, BB 28...Have had 5 really nice copies in the past 6 months, and sold them all at full asking, without breaking a sweat...