• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick Question regarding previously owned slabbed books.

13 posts in this topic

I won four DD comics off of eBay. CGC slabbed all 9.8's. I went to enter them into my registry and it said they were assigned to a different user...which I was afraid would happen.

It also told me I was put on an admin queue and would be contacted.

What do other boardies usually do after buying a previously owned book that is already registered?

Send the previous owner an email? Or does CGC do all the legwork?

Thanks.

They make you send in a picture of yourself with the book and a copy of that day's newspaper to verify that you have it.

Wait nevermind that's just hostages... :insane:

lol. How long does it typically take for all this to take place? I've got some people to pass in my Miller DD registry ranking...lol. Eat my dust!!

Just give it a day. The previous owner will get an email and approve the transfer. If you get a real of a previous owner then you're going to have to resort to something else which I never had to do.

By the way, I entered a new book in the registry today and it looks like there was some maintenance work done on the database. If it's in the queue then just do the same as when you're in a queue...just wait patiently.

If you get a real of a previous owner then you're going to have to resort to something else which I never had to do.

I actually had a situation like this where someone took the registry # off of a dealer's site of a book I had purchased.

All Gemma required is sending a picture to show you have possession of the book. Within the day, she had the registration number transferred.

Not sure why she had me assume a Yoga catback stretch with the slab in my mouth for the photo, but hey. Anything to keep the registry whole.

:eek: