• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purty Mint Comics...

43 posts in this topic

Hey House, those are pretty books... thumbsup2.gif

But answer your PM'S PLEASE!!!!!!!! 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

He always answers my EMAILs! confused-smiley-013.gif

I know this may get off topic for a bit, but ... Interesting comic-keys guarantee in the ad. The ad says: "THIS BOOK IS GUARANTEED TO BE FREE FROM RESTORATION/ALTERATION of any kind for a period of time beyond the 7-day approval, limited only to the duration of the buyer's ownership (the book may be sent for a second opinion without voiding that part of the guarantee)."

What, exactly, is "a period of time" beyond the 7-day approval? Another 7 days? A year? Forever? However long the Seller deems appropriate? This "guarantee" time period has enough wiggle-room to let the attorneys argue for days... As usual, buyer beware and read carefully.

what's really funny is this auction for a JIM 112 RESTORED NM-, he says hints of colour touch but no mention of trimming. also i might add, is his stating colour touch in the item description. unless he's a restoration detection expert, this might've been a book returned after CGC grading. or he put the hits of colour touch there himself, as i'm sure it'll still come back as amateur resto and not professional. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Whatever the problems with Comic-Keys are, getting the refund (eventually) is usually not one of them. He did recently refund $28,000 to a forum member after several months when his Amazing Fantasy #15 and two Amazing Spider-Man #1s came back purple top. And he refunded almost $8,000 of my money no questions asked when I balked at his Amazing Spider-Man #1 VF 8.0 after reading the CBG article about Comic-Keys, in which CBG highlighted the very auction that I had won. Having said that, I don't bid on his auctions anymore because one of the books he sent me (which I purchased before I knew anything about him) was obviously trimmed, and regardless of who trimmed it, someone who can spot resto as well as he can should have seen this one from a mile away. (He refunded my money on that one too.)

I know this may get off topic for a bit, but ... Interesting comic-keys guarantee in the ad. The ad says: "THIS BOOK IS GUARANTEED TO BE FREE FROM RESTORATION/ALTERATION of any kind for a period of time beyond the 7-day approval, limited only to the duration of the buyer's ownership (the book may be sent for a second opinion without voiding that part of the guarantee)."

What, exactly, is "a period of time" beyond the 7-day approval? Another 7 days? A year? Forever? However long the Seller deems appropriate? This "guarantee" time period has enough wiggle-room to let the attorneys argue for days... As usual, buyer beware and read carefully.

Other than market value. 893whatthe.gif.. What is the difference between a 9.9 and 10.0. I just can't figure that out. My apparent 10.0s (They are examined under a microscope at the lab) have one piece of dust and they are graded down to a 9.6.

What are the interior defects (seldom talked about) that bring a book grade down.

Other than market value. 893whatthe.gif.. What is the difference between a 9.9 and 10.0. I just can't figure that out. My apparent 10.0s (They are examined under a microscope at the lab) have one piece of dust and they are graded down to a 9.6.

What are the interior defects (seldom talked about) that bring a book grade down.

CGC doesn't grade interiors.