• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern... a complete noob question.

16 posts in this topic

The other day I was on eBay looking at some CGC issues of Showcase 22 and Green Lantern #76.

I understand that Overstreet is simply a guide but what's up with the huge price increases?!

Is Overstreet really that out of touch with current trends and/or CGC graded books?

The other day I was on eBay looking at some CGC issues of Showcase 22 and Green Lantern #76.

I understand that Overstreet is simply a guide but what's up with the huge price increases?!

Is Overstreet really that out of touch with current trends and/or CGC graded books?

yes, period.

Overstreet does not price slabbed books. All prices are for regular back issues. That's why they changed the top grade to 9.2 and started their own magazine for slabbed comics (didn't last very long).

Comicspriceguide.com is actually fine if you're looking for what amounts to a free version of the OSPG as their pricing structure (in my experience) doesn't really seem to be any different. Frankly, I'd probably subscribe to them as I like their cataloging system only I can't see paying each month for the service when I really only look at my database 1-2x per month (so Excel wins).

Whether they're pricing is worth much in reference to slabbed books? Well, you want GPA Comic Analysis for that.

Comicspriceguide.com is actually fine if you're looking for what amounts to a free version of the OSPG as their pricing structure (in my experience) doesn't really seem to be any different. Frankly, I'd probably subscribe to them as I like their cataloging system only I can't see paying each month for the service when I really only look at my database 1-2x per month (so Excel wins).

I have some hopes for CPG, since Tom Gordon defected from Overstreet to them :wishluck:

Is Rob Larsen = Rob_React on the Board?

"OCT05 2010

ComicsPriceGuide.com Enters Into Agreement With ItsAllJustComics.com

by Staff Writer 3

ItsAllJustComics.com and ComicsPriceGuide.com (CPG) are pleased to announce an exclusive contract in which record comic book sales data and data from ItsAllJustComics.com’s “$100,000 Club” will be shared with CPG.

“It’s really a perfect fit. We both deal in the question of comic books and their value; we just come at it from two different directions,” said Rob Larsen, Owner of ItsAllJustComics.com.

ItsAllJustComics.com offers their users collectible comics news and unique research into the top end of the comic book market. Leveraging years of research and personal interviews with top collectors and dealers, Larsen has amassed a large collection of data about the most valuable comic books in the world. This is presented in the $100,000 Club, which tracks all the individual comics that would sell for six figures and the World Record Comic Book Sales chart, which presents the top recorded sales in the history of the hobby.

“We are very excited have this agreement in place,” said Tom Gordon III, President of ComicsPriceGuide.com. “Rob [Larsen]’s knowledge and interest in comics provides accurate, concrete numbers to the data available to CPG users and also to the comic marketplace as a whole.”

ComicsPriceGuide.com provides free comic values, searchable databases, classifieds, comic cover scans and news content. In addition, CPG offers collectors the ability to create digital comic checklists and personal inventories of their collections.

“We are looking forward to working with Rob Larsen and ItsAllJustComics.com. CPG will be adding a number of additional new features over the next coming months to enhance the user experience for our subscribers,” said Bryan Neely, Founder and CEO of ComicsPriceGuide.com.

For more information regarding this partnership, please visit www.comicspriceguide.com or www.ItsAllJustComics.com

About ComicsPriceGuide.com:

ComicsPriceGuide.com began in 1995 as a tribute to the memory of Tim Beck, who died of leukemia. Tim was a close friend of founder Bryan Neely. Initially the website was named Marvel World and featured data and related information exclusively focused on Marvel Comics.

Over the past 13 years, with the help of numerous collectors, fans, and comic aficionados, the site now known as ComicsPriceGuide.com has emerged as the online comic book community that it is today. The website includes hundreds of publishers and thousands of individual comic book titles. The site has integrated a wide variety of technology since being founded and was named by Apple as their featured web application of the day for the iPhone on February 25, 2008. The company's use of technology and its ability to preserve real sales data is ideally suited to meet the challenges of the growing and ever changing comic book marketplace.

About ItsAllJustComics.com:

Founded in April of 2004, ItsAllJustComics.com is focused on delivering unique comics research and collectible comic book news. With special focus placed on the auction market, notable private sales and rare or quirky books of all eras, ItsAllJustComics.com is a go-to resource for anyone interested in the top end of the hobby."

I have some hopes for CPG, since Tom Gordon defected from Overstreet to them :wishluck:

Is Rob Larsen = Rob_React on the Board?

I also hope TomG can help CPG continue to improve. The potential is certainly there to bury the OPG.

Rob Larsen certainly is rob_react. I would expect a new member like yourself to know that. :baiting: