• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Displaying Comics Permanently

22 posts in this topic

Aside from CGC and nice frames, how do folks display their comics, artwork for permanent display? How do you account for issues like sunlight and humidity?

A temp controlled room with special low UV lights?

I'm wrestling with the problem right now. My plan is to make copies of books and original art I want to display, buy cheap frames that look good and keep the originals hidden from light and air. I've seen the effects of both and it can be dramatic.

You might want to check out frameitagainsam for nice frames.

By the way, Boggle is fun.

Aside from CGC and nice frames, how do folks display their comics, artwork for permanent display? How do you account for issues like sunlight and humidity?

make sure your books are as close to the bathroom as can be so

a) you can read them while you're on the thrown

b) they can get that stench that's unlikely to ever be replaced.

take your comic out of the mylar and fart directly on it.

This isn't a sale thread :gossip:

Put them in a dark room and view them by flashlight?

In the dark is good- but I would suggest a match instead of a flashlight. It makes the colors on the cover seem vibrant if you get the flame right up to the book.

Don't get that flame too close :o

Flashlights might be better.

I have a few I could loan him...

105204.jpg.e7b136ef5966a64552b185b1d5f5ceff.jpg

There's been some discussion about this before. A number of museum and conservation sites were referenced.

One of the difficulties in coming to conclusions lay in the fact that comics are a relatively recent invention. We can see what destroys them quickly but have no time frame for long term survival (hence one of the arguments against pressing).

The difference in your question seems to be the word, "permanent", as even museums rotate collections and works can often spend years or decades in dark cool storage.

The answer may lie in your personal comfort level. A constant low temperature and low humidity room with UV filters, you are confident in, is probably as sound an answer as you will probably get.

Here's how I did it, pretty much the way thehumantorch was saying he's thinking of setting his display up. I made some good scans of my personal books I wanted to display, and printed them out on photo paper. Then I bought frames from Frameusa.com under the CBG(Cheap, but good) series they have for about 5.50 a frame. Only problem is they do have a minimum order amount that you'll want to abide by to make it worthwhile. Otherwise, on another wall I do have some racks made by Schlep that I randomly display some of my collection on. Pictures of the framed ones below.

ComicRoom008.jpgComicRoom012.jpg

Here's how I did it, pretty much the way thehumantorch was saying he's thinking of setting his display up. I made some good scans of my personal books I wanted to display, and printed them out on photo paper. Then I bought frames from Frameusa.com under the CBG(Cheap, but good) series they have for about 5.50 a frame. Only problem is they do have a minimum order amount that you'll want to abide by to make it worthwhile. Otherwise, on another wall I do have some racks made by Schlep that I randomly display some of my collection on. Pictures of the framed ones below.

ComicRoom008.jpg

Looks brilliant Rook. :cloud9:

Yup & just looking at the pictures online I'd never be able to tell those were not real comics

Where can I get that computer wallpaper ? It looks awesome