• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Scott McCloud "Understanding Comics" OA

8 posts in this topic

I know this is a long shot, but I'd love to own any of the OA pages from Scott McCloud's classic, "Understanding Comics: The Invsible Art".

So far for me, the art has truly been invisible. Would anyone be willing to sell or trade a page, or direct me to someone who owns one? Thanks, JB

Not too long after the book came out he brought nearly all of the pages to SD Con and sold them. Most were around $100 a piece and may have been dispersed more widely and to a different sort of collector than the usual suspects involved in "hot" art. There's a reasonable amount of stat usage on his pages as he is not the fastest artist and wanted to complete the book, which is phenomenal. I picked up one page, though would have picked up more if some of the "splashier" ones had still been around.

Good Luck with your hunt!

I know this is a long shot, but I'd love to own any of the OA pages from Scott McCloud's classic, "Understanding Comics: The Invsible Art".

So far for me, the art has truly been invisible. Would anyone be willing to sell or trade a page, or direct me to someone who owns one? Thanks, JB

Have you seen this one? -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310273170570