• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing spider man #173 9.8 is going for what?

44 posts in this topic

with 6 copies of 9.8 out there this one is bid up to $2125. I would think this is a bogus bid but the guy has over 2k feedback. So many silver age that could be bought for that amount.

Then it is so obvious someone shilled the price all the way up. Shill found out price with a 3375 bid. The high bidder should retract his bid so the guy bidding it all the way up get stuck with it so he can pay for everything. He has 56% bid activity with this seller also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-173-CGC-9-8-MOLTEN-MAN-/170557020769?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b5fd9a61

I wouldn't count my chickens etc etc. I have a feeling the sale will not go through. Wait, can't the high bidder retract his bid at the last second?

I want a comic and it starts off at $1 so I bid $5000 and my buddy pushes it up to $4999. Right before the auction I retract my $5000 bid and my buddy gets it for $2 or something like that or has ebay figured out the scam and prevented it?

bottom of the page someone put 3375 to find out the max bid

If you look at the time that was placed, it was placed in error Tuesday morning and canceled Tuesday morning. The two high bidders did not start bidding until after the comic link auction ended Tuesday night. I run 100% complete legit auctions. Look at the last two sales of Spidy 148 in 9.8, similar prices. There are multiple people completing there 9.8 sets.

I wouldn't count my chickens etc etc. I have a feeling the sale will not go through. Wait, can't the high bidder retract his bid at the last second?

Nope, once the 24-hour mark hits, there are no more retractions left which is why these shillers post a massive bid before that, then start racking it up *after* the 24-hour window is gone.

with 6 copies of 9.8 out there this one is bid up to $2125. I would think this is a bogus bid but the guy has over 2k feedback. So many silver age that could be bought for that amount.

Then it is so obvious someone shilled the price all the way up. Shill found out price with a 3375 bid. The high bidder should retract his bid so the guy bidding it all the way up get stuck with it so he can pay for everything. He has 56% bid activity with this seller also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-173-CGC-9-8-MOLTEN-MAN-/170557020769?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b5fd9a61

(tsk)

The seller is a respected board member. Not only that, this book just sold for a similar price in the recent CLink auction. It'd be wise to take a less accusatory tone to begin.

(tsk)

The seller is a respected board member. Not only that, this book just sold for a similar price in the recent CLink auction. It'd be wise to take a less accusatory tone to begin.

Agreed (tsk)

Well I apoligize if i was wrong. The 80 feedback guy bidding it up has 56% of his bids with this seller. It just seems weird that even if he was trying to complete a set that someone would pay 2125 for a comic that is GPA a little over 300.

Everyone was so quick to jump on Matt Nelson and Steve for shilling and they are respected members in the comic community, what makes this different. Ya I know he doesn't press books.

What makes this different? One, Matt had previously been caught shilling his auctions as arseman. Two, the alleged shill accounts in that case had around 500 bids on eBay each, and 99.8% were on spectre52 auctions.

topnotch Tom sells a ton of 9.8 books. A 9.8 collector could conceivably have a high proportion of bids on Tom's auctions.

Besides, I think the underbidder is mycho, a known ASM 9.8 collector.

Hmmm..Tom is a cheat or you are just a mess-stirrer. Tough choice. Maybe we ought to run a pole.

I'm not saying that , what I'm saying is just because he's a top member doesn't mean that its not getting shilled. Just like Matts auctions someone bidded on his auctions alot then he was accused of shilling and everyone jumps on the bandwagon, just because he presses books. No prof on Matts auctions either, just like this one