• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Tec 27 cgc 7.0 universal

171 posts in this topic

78 viewed this and 0 replied ... :o

Is this monster book really so zzz

I thought this is a super amazing book. And the hammer price could surely be considered a high water mark pinpointing the current shape of our hobby. So this sale will have implications for *a lot* of other books further down the funny book hierarchy.

So I am a little surprised you guys and girls are not going: :blahblah::blahblah:

on this one (thumbs u

Blah blah blah....

Seriously, I'm happy for the owner. The story of him buying it as a boy and keeping it in a box is awesome. I should have put an ad in the paper for wanting old funny books back in the late 80's when I was going to college nearby.

Thanks for the link. It will be over $750k to over a mill in my opinion.

I was thinking sub 600 K... the last 7.5 barely broke 600K , so not sure why this one would be 20-30% more at a .5 grade less (shrug)

curious the reasons for your opinion (thumbs u

I was thinking sub 600 K... the last 7.5 barely broke 600K , so not sure why this one would be 20-30% more at a .5 grade less (shrug)

I certainly defer to your expertise....I was thinking because it's an OO copy that seems to have a better wrap, colors and overall appearance than the other 7.5. Of course, I am just guessing here...if anyone would know...it's you G.A.tor (worship)

I certainly defer to your expertise....I was thinking because it's an OO copy that seems to have a better wrap, colors and overall appearance than the other 7.5. Of course, I am just guessing here...if anyone would know...it's you G.A.tor (worship)

don't get me wrong, your opinion is every bit as valid as mine (if not more)... naturally, we form opinions based on information (or at least we should lol ) so I was curious if you had information that I didn't, in making your assessment...

I find no difference in colors, though the 7.0 does have a cleaner "wrap" at the spine, it is, to me, visually not as appealing due to the large spine creasing...and the 7.5 has a better horizontal wrap (more of the "bob kane" sig)...

so again, your estimate might be right and mine wrong, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something (thumbs u

don't get me wrong, your opinion is every bit as valid as mine (if not more)... naturally, we form opinions based on information (or at least we should lol ) so I was curious if you had information that I didn't, in making your assessment...

I find no difference in colors, though the 7.0 does have a cleaner "wrap" at the spine, it is, to me, visually not as appealing due to the large spine creasing...and the 7.5 has a better horizontal wrap (more of the "bob kane" sig)...

so again, your estimate might be right and mine wrong, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something (thumbs u

Suppose the question really comes down to where the Aloha copy would be on a 7.5 price range.

The rust on the staples made it a less attractive book in my opinion but that didn't have an impact on the Action #1

I think the book will probably sell in the $575k range

I wonder if the chris nolan announcement of a non 3-D Bat #3 Dark Knight sequel will have any effect on the interest in this book? If this book appears on the radar of a wealthy nutcase anything can happen.

In fact the problem is that no one really has a clue as to what this book wil sell for within the 400-800 K ballpark.

I wonder if the chris nolan announcement of a non 3-D Bat #3 Dark Knight sequel will have any effect on the interest in this book? If this book appears on the radar of a wealthy nutcase anything can happen.

In fact the problem is that no one really has a clue as to what this book wil sell for within the 400-800 K ballpark.

I agree that no one can know but I would imagine there is now enough info and comparable sales to narrow the speculation window to 500-650...imo

And I don't believe the new bat film will have any bearing on the final price hm

I agree that no one can know but I would imagine there is now enough info and comparable sales to narrow the speculation window to 500-650...imo

And I don't believe the new bat film will have any bearing on the final price hm

I think any Bat publicity has some effect on the values of early Batman comics. It may be hard or even impossible to measure, but when buying nostalgia items, people are always affected by memories that are created -- or jogged -- by a new film, a new comic or cartoon. Even, somewhat, by the sight of a trick-or-treater in a Batman costume, which might remind you of wearing one yourself as a kid.

I think any Bat publicity has some effect on the values of early Batman comics. It may be hard or even impossible to measure, but when buying nostalgia items, people are always affected by memories that are created -- or jogged -- by a new film, a new comic or cartoon. Even, somewhat, by the sight of a trick-or-treater in a Batman costume, which might remind you of wearing one yourself as a kid.

I think that is a given....I just don't feel like it will have any affect on the price this book will realize this month (thumbs u

I was thinking because it's an OO copy that seems to have a better wrap, colors and overall appearance than the other 7.5.

That's the sales BS from the item description...this book doesn't present better than the 7.5 or 8.0 with that huge, book-length spine crease. I'm a bit surprised it's even a 7.0 with that crease and bottom staple.

I was thinking because it's an OO copy that seems to have a better wrap, colors and overall appearance than the other 7.5.

That's the sales BS from the item description...this book doesn't present better than the 7.5 or 8.0 with that huge, book-length spine crease. I'm a bit surprised it's even a 7.0 with that crease and bottom staple.

I respect your opinion and you are probably right. We'll see what it sells at