• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are you a sheep collector ?

60 posts in this topic

Unless Archie becomes cool and trendy, then no.

Umm, I guess you haven't noticed. Archie is trendy. And, he's always been cool...

5 people doesnt make it trendy. ;)

I saw way more than 5 people interested in that Pep 22 the other day... :baiting:

If I didn't limit my sphere of collecting to my true favorites, I'd be seriously poor. The original X-Men series and E.C. Horror are it for me!

Well maybe I'll get into E.C. Sci-fi somewhere along the way... doh!

I think I pretty much collect what attracts me whether anyone else likes it or not. Some are popular, like X-men, and some are less so, like the Double Life of Private Strong and Jughead's Fantasy. Going after what interests you is key to keeping collecting fresh and fun.

When I first got into comics, I collected Spidey because it was what everyone else was collecting. I would also buy just about anything that caught my eye for my 'personal collection'.

My collecting focus shifted when I bought a stack of Byrne X-Men from etanick. :cloud9:

Although I go back and forth on putting an ASM run together, my personal collection only consists of what I enjoy reading (X-Men, Super Friends, and Cherry Poptart :insane: )

Umm, I guess you haven't noticed. Archie is trendy. And, he's always been cool...

I saw way more than 5 people interested in that Pep 22 the other day... :baiting:

If I didn't limit my sphere of collecting to my true favorites, I'd be seriously poor. The original X-Men series and E.C. Horror are it for me!

Well maybe I'll get into E.C. Sci-fi somewhere along the way... doh!

Story wise I think EC's are the best of the GA. A lot of awesome art too. Undervalued imo.

If late silver, bronze and copper Flash ever become popular, LMK.

I also like copper DC drek.

However the pre-code bug is starting to call, but I'm hoping it's just that time of year.

If a Flash movie is in the works he will become popular. I thought I heard something before about Christopher Nolan doing a Flash movie ?

I'm a victim of the Superman: From the 30s to the 70s hardcover that came out when I was a kid. Those color pages reproducing early Supes covers sealed my fate.

Right on! I still have my copy of that somewhere. But for me, Batman: From the 30s to the 70s has driven me to pursue Detective 140 (1st App Riddler) because of the cool story.

:headbang:

I'm definitely not a sheep collector as I have kept myu focus on DC books, mostly from the Bronze Age and various GA books. However, these boards do influence me from time to time when I see cool covers that I hadn't really looked at before and make a impulse buy.

I kindah find that hard to believe as #5 was broken out for a long time, but admittedly I was out of comic collecting in 1990, so what the heck do I know.

Unless he went insane that very day, there was no way a LCS dealer in 1990 laid out a stack of (some HG) copies of MS 5 for a buck a shot. lol

It was broken out the early to mid-80's and worth $8-$10 in 1987 (a hefty price for a BA book - ASM 129 was $15-$20 and Hulk 181 was $30-$35) and had exploded (relatively speaking for a BA book) by 1990.

What are the best buys that trail blazers like JC are buying ?

Don't worry, you sheep will be grazing on them in a few years. :insane:

Lil Kids :roflmao: probably not

You did *read* that post, right? And did you catch the part about hunting for Calvin issues in 1998-2000 or so?

One of them was my dad.

I'm so proud.

I kindah find that hard to believe as #5 was broken out for a long time, but admittedly I was out of comic collecting in 1990, so what the heck do I know.

Unless he went insane that very day, there was no way a LCS dealer in 1990 laid out a stack of (some HG) copies of MS 5 for a buck a shot. lol

It was broken out the early to mid-80's and worth $8-$10 in 1987 (a hefty price for a BA book - ASM 129 was $15-$20 and Hulk 181 was $30-$35) and had exploded (relatively speaking for a BA book) by 1990.

Though after the series ended in 83 was there a long dead period there? I kindah was out of the loop from 1985/6 - early 1993 or so. But $1 a pop when the new GR had just come out sounds like someone went off his meds or something.

I just buy what I like
My problem is I like everything :cry:

:gossip:except sig series..., that stuff is wack..., :sick:

I have been a bit of a vacuum cleaner when it comes to these things. I like the cheap-o boxes, so there's nothing too trendy in there.

I suppose from 1993 - 1996 or so I was picking up a lot of SA spideys and x-men (not out of the dollar boxes). hardly "following the herd" if these are one's favorite characters to start with though. at the time those were the only titles I actually read monthly on a regular basis (along with wolverine), so why wouldn't I?