• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG JLA 21 9.2, TRIMMED??

30 posts in this topic

thnax for posting the link

so what does everyone think?

I think it looks like a POS for a 9.2 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tell us what you really think? tongue.gif

I don't think anything strongly about this, other than now people are gonna start seeing trim-jobs on every CGG book, whether or not it's there.

Look at the back cover closeup. Clearly, the book has been miswrapped, but I doubt any trimming. It also sets crooked in the well, which adds to the illusion of misalignment.

I'm calling this one "not guilty."

K.

It looks like a POS for a 9.2 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I always thought that 1/2 inch color breaking creases weren't allowed on a 9.2. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

anybody vouch for these guys? their experience or expertise in the comic hobby?

do they have the same experience, skill as haspel or borock?

I hear they are exact clones of Haspel and Borock, complete with ponytail on Patterson tongue.gif27_laughing.gif

I always thought that 1/2 inch color breaking creases weren't allowed on a 9.2. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, but I (and others, generally) hadn't been commenting on the grade, but on the question of trimming. But I have a Marvel Knights CGC 9.2 with a similar flaw.

It seemed to me that the guys who said "It is a POS for a 9.2" were commenting on the grade, not the trim. Those were the guys I was talking to when I mentioned the grade.

As for the trim, it's always hard to tell from a scan. But that wavy right edge does not look right. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Yeah, but I (and others, generally) hadn't been commenting on the grade, but on the question of trimming. But I have a Marvel Knights CGC 9.2 with a similar flaw.

I don't think anything strongly about this, other than now people are gonna start seeing trim-jobs on every CGG book, whether or not it's there.

Look at the back cover closeup. Clearly, the book has been miswrapped, but I doubt any trimming. It also sets crooked in the well, which adds to the illusion of misalignment.

I'm calling this one "not guilty."

as always hard to tell from a scan, but your comments about the miswrap and crooked positioning in the slab were my initial thoughts , as well.

and i think maybe, we're starting to jump at shadows???

and, finally, I don't think it's a POS..........it's a sweet DC devil.gif