• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not Perfect, But Not Bad QP - Marvel Spotlight 5

29 posts in this topic

nice copy! the label says 1st app. Roxanne Simpson...is that Ghost Riders Girlfriend?

I think I had high bid on it for about a minute when it was first listed.

Good looking copy. But this book is burning with movie hype.

No way I would touch it now.

When a 9.4 gets back to the $500 range, I may think about it.

sorry.gif

i sadly don't see that book ever hitting $500 for a 9.4 unless the entire field collapses. Its a solidly in demand book without any notion of a movie. I think 700 is about bottom for that for a looong time.

Come on, before the movie hype hit, Murph was buying those for $500 a shot all day long. Some lower I believe.

You want prices to drop, then I'm your guy:

ghost_rider.jpg

Come on, before the movie hype hit, Murph was buying those for $500 a shot all day long. Some lower I believe.

Raw maybe, but GPA has only one sale below $500 (their data goes back to June of '02), and that was a $250 BIN!! Do you have different data?

Raw maybe, but GPA has only one sale below $500 (their data goes back to June of '02), and that was a $250 BIN!! Do you have different data?

I assume some of these were off-EBay/private sales, and that $525 or $550 might be "brain-catalogued" as $500-range, but I firmly remember murph buying and flipping a few, and posting these in the forums.

I assume some of these were off-EBay/private sales, and that $525 or $550 might be "brain-catalogued" as $500-range, but I firmly remember murph buying and flipping a few, and posting these in the forums.

Well, only Murph can confirm his off-line purchases, but GPA only shows 3 sales of this book in 9.4 under $550 (out of 18 data points). Murph?

Well, only Murph can confirm his off-line purchases, but GPA only shows 3 sales of this book in 9.4 under $550 (out of 18 data points). Murph?

893naughty-thumb.gifI can't believe you had the nerve to bring facts into a debate with JC.

You always get your panties in a bind when someone calls you on your ridiculous statements. This is just like when you said you could have bought a Hulk 181 9.2 at 8.0 pre-movie prices after the movie came out. You challenged DrBanner to look it up and he did and proved you wrong. Then you amended your statement saying you made a clerical error and you meant Hulk 181 8.5 which was still wrong. Embrace the fact that you are wrong and the truth will set you free JC.

I've bought the following in "online" deals.

9.4 off GP Collectables - 750

9.4 off eBay - 575

9.4 off eBay via BIN - 250

9.4 off eBay via BIN - 475

9.4 off Heritage - 529

9.4 off Heritage - 625

"offline" deals

9.4 privately - 525

9.4 privately - 550

I also lost out on the JP "signature" auction where a 9.4 went for 550.

The 750 dollar purchase was right around the time after the first 9.4 showed up on eBay.

Brian

Thank you for posting these FACTS murph, and I firmly remember you buying a few at around the $500 mark, give or take a bit up or down.

No surprise that Mmmarvel got himself banned. 27_laughing.gif

Doesn't anyone else get the irony here? I post comments, people jump in with "liar, liar, pants on fire", and when Murph backs up my statements...

SILENCE.

Freaking hilarious. 893blahblah.gif

Doesn't anyone else get the irony here? I post comments, people jump in with "liar, liar, pants on fire", and when Murph backs up my statements...

SILENCE.

Freaking hilarious.

Sorry for ignoring you Joe, I'll give you the attention your psyche obviously craves... makepoint.gif

I based on my comments on the facts, which confirm that no one, not even Murph, was "...buying those for $500 a shot all day long...", as you spouted off without even bothering to verify your facts. Murph bought 8 copies, 2 under $500 and the rest over $500, spin/critique the data as you see fit but I'm done with it.

However, since you bring up liars, I want you to tell everyone which of the following statements of yours was a bold-face lie regarding those NM MTU's I sold you last fall:

Thanks banner, and I must say I was pleased with the overall transaction.

or this one:

Don't you think you raped me enough with those crappy books you sent me, without beating a dead horse on my "stated 8.5 in an EARLIER POST, then mistakenly wrote 8.0 the other day"?

Since they're mutually exclusive, you've been caught with your hand in the proverbial cookie jar of lies and if you're the upstanding "character" you claim to be, an apology is in order... hi.gif