• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie 1 and being robbed for $1500

125 posts in this topic

... and threw in an Archie 50 to boot.

Nobody likes that issue or its cover.

lol. Yeah i know thats why i had to give it away to Ed. Nobody likes to be stuck with an Archie 50. Thanks Ed for taking it off my hands ;)

Holden, after reading this thread you have a long history of strange dealings and lack of communication. Why the sudden change of heart?

Just wanted to thank Ed!

He is a great person to deal and with great morals.

I did not ask him to post a comment to this thread but what he wrote was well appreciated. It's true I wanted to make it up to him by buying the archie 1 cover at his I dont really want to sell price and throwing in an Archie 50. That s my way of extending the olive branch to him. Im delighted that he is happy and so am I. Plus i get a nifty archie 1 cover :)

Ps. Anyone have a centerfold or coverless archie 1? lol

Hey guys,

In the interest of fairness, I just wanted to bump this thread to share some good experiences I've had with Holden Wong.

I purchased one non-Superman Action Comics #1 page from him a few months back; and then ended up reading this thread after I had already sent my payment. I was a bit nervous naturally, but there was an email waiting in my inbox with the tracking information the moment I woke up to check my email.

The package arrived safe and sound; and I felt comfortable enough to do another deal with him shortly thereafter. I then worked out a trade-transaction to acquire two additional non-Superman Action #1 pages, and they too arrived safe and sound (though I have since sold one of them).

The reason I'm bumping this thread is because Holden did (as some others have already speculated in another thread) sign up for the boards, and he PM'd me earlier today. Because my last two experiences with him were positive ones, I decided to purchase another Action #1 page from him that will be mailed out to me tomorrow.

I'll be happy to share my acquisition with everyone after it arrives...and I have the opportunity to take some pics.

I cannot speak to anyone elses past experiences, but I did tell him that I'd share my positive ones in the interest of fairness because my past two transactions with him went well, and I'm hopeful that this third transaction will be another positive one.

I just wanted to update my previous post to confirm that the Action Comics #1 page I recently purchased from Holden arrived safe and sound. (thumbs u

Pics are already posted in the Early Action thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4924608#Post4924608

Holden, after reading this thread you have a long history of strange dealings and lack of communication. Why the sudden change of heart?

Roy,

I was gone for awhile during the during the nov to jan period. A very tough period for myself.

Also as per our deal archie 1 ungraded 1.5 for the showcasr 22 cgc 6.5 plus $$$.

I deal with you thru ebay. I told you the book was at clink. You know that i owned it. Josh can vouch for me.

I wasnt sure about the deal since it was not graded and before the sale of the 167k archie.

By the time the showcase 22 came back you had sold it. Thats ok. Im sorry about the wait to get the book back. Sad that i dknt get a complete archie 1. Im also certain that it would have been in grade. I didnt know who Roy Delic was from john smith before knowing these boards. So trusting someone s grading on an 8k book... Well thats hard.

Your posting style insuniated that i had robbed you out of your archie.

I wanst part of this board and i understand that people herr believe thay cry comic collector is here. Well i was not. People tried to defend me but general paranoia of the futur danny dupcak was in the works.

Btw, Roy you are a long standing member and you know how it works we dont listen to newbies as much established long standing members such as yourself.

Once again sorry about making you wait. But in the end when i got the book. You had sold the archie 1.

I understand that you male a living out of comics and could not wait. Can you understand that i had to wait to get my comic back in order to proceed.