• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie 1 and being robbed for $1500

125 posts in this topic

Just got an email from comiclink that Holden acknowledged payment and that all I need to do is send comiclink the difference. Since comiclink has the book in hand, I feel pretty confident about the deal going through to completion.

Can't wait to post pictures of the wedding.

:applause:

Just got an email from comiclink that Holden acknowledged payment and that all I need to do is send comiclink the difference. Since comiclink has the book in hand, I feel pretty confident about the deal going through to completion.

:applause:
That's great! :applause:

Mazel Tov! May you have many happy years with the book! :)

It's still kinda ridiculous that you need to pay additional funds for the book, but congratulations on not getting taken completely. Sounds like you really want the book, and you've handled this with amazing grace.

while it is ridiculous that you have to pay extra for the book, it's great that you aren't taking a royal s c r e w i n g

there is also a secondary benefit.. considering what position the seller has put ComicLink in, what do you think the probability is that ComicLink would accept any more consignments from this fellow??

Holden Wong strikes again. Ebay ID: mtlhockeyfan514 (435)

So far he has got me for 1000 bucks for Art ross rookie psa 4. Never sent me the card.

Went through eBay, sent check (stupid i know) the guy has disappeared.

Even weirder is a guy with the same name was shot and killed by police over Xmas. Dont know if it is the same guy or not.

Any help with this guy would be great if anyone got some info on him. I got his address and phone number from this forum, been calling no one home.

Tried ebay, they were no help at all, bank was no help.

Next for me is my Military buddies, and that will make it very ugly for him. Unless he is already dead.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110110/NEWS03/101100389/1320/Cop-Man-killed-by-deputy-had-brain-injury

Sorry to hear about that, the guy is setting up for bad things.

Update on my story. Comic Link did send me the Archie 1 but it was missing the center fold. I returned it and am still waiting for the comiclink refund. In their defense, they only have $200 of my money while HW has $1500. I'm hoping comiclink does right and makes me whole at the expense of HW, we'll see. I imagine even if they have $1500+ in HW comics they need to tread carefully even if they want to support me on my behalf.

In a way I feel sorry for the guy. Not really pulling off major $$$ scams, just taking money and ignoring the future with no regard.

Ed

Even weirder is a guy with the same name was shot and killed by police over Xmas. Dont know if it is the same guy or not.

An earlier link says he was in the class of 2002 at a college, and his pic looks youngish. So he'd be around 30 years old. It also said he lived in Montreal.

The man in the article was age 40 and staying with parents due to a brain injury. He lived somewhere in the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan.

Considering the tens of thousands of Wongs out there (low estimate), chances are this is the wrong Wong.

Update on my story. Comic Link did send me the Archie 1 but it was missing the center fold. I returned it and am still waiting for the comiclink refund. In their defense, they only have $200 of my money while HW has $1500. I'm hoping comiclink does right and makes me whole at the expense of HW, we'll see. I imagine even if they have $1500+ in HW comics they need to tread carefully even if they want to support me on my behalf.

In a way I feel sorry for the guy. Not really pulling off major $$$ scams, just taking money and ignoring the future with no regard.

Ed

Holden Wong tried to make a trade with me. After 2 weeks of negotiations we settled on an agreement.

My Archie #1 for a Showcase #22 CGC 6.5 and some cash.

He disappeared off the face of the earth when I asked him to send the cash to start the deal.

The guy is a piece of dirt, it seems.

Ed

Wow Ed, this is really tough. Comiclink is supposed to protect buyers from this sort of thing. What are they doing if they aren't checking the grades on the $1000+ books that go through them?

And then the whole complication of Comiclink not having the money in escrow until everyone is happy. It's all a really bad show that I'm sure Josh is seriously regretting right now.

Someone's been taken by Holden, and it's up to Josh whether it is him or you. Yikes.

Ed

Wow Ed, this is really tough. Comiclink is supposed to protect buyers from this sort of thing. What are they doing if they aren't checking the grades on the $1000+ books that go through them?

And then the whole complication of Comiclink not having the money in escrow until everyone is happy. It's all a really bad show that I'm sure Josh is seriously regretting right now.

Someone's been taken by Holden, and it's up to Josh whether it is him or you. Yikes.

I agree. CL is the escrow and should protect buyers and sellers. Ed is the victim here. Ed has done his obligation and they should have been more careful in inspecting the comic. CL can still right off the loss as capital loss and have the matter resolved.

Ed

I agree. CL is the escrow and should protect buyers and sellers. Ed is the victim here. Ed has done his obligation and they should have been more careful in inspecting the comic. CL can still right off the loss as capital loss and have the matter resolved.

Yep! (thumbs u