• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first TV commercial airs tonight!

105 posts in this topic

o.k. here's a bigger question that I take from the commercial and bench

is it a given that the Minnreg Convention Hall is in Largo???

Not to harp on this, and it could be said that folks can go to the website

but I didn't see it mentioned and people would have to go to the site to know

if they didn't.

If it is a given then disregard.

:foryou:

The Minnreg Convention Hall is in Largo, but is it general knowledge, like, say, the Staples Center is in downtown LA, no, probably not.

And I would imagine that yes, driving traffic to the site is by design.

If you've attended the Tampa show over the last 2 years, you know where to go. If you don't, you'll have to visit the website to find out.

Another item of note: this is the last time the show will be in the Minnreg, so they probably didn't want to plaster those benches with a location that will be no good come the next show date (which is in February).

Well that is cool, but as a tip (if anyone cares)

I would add the actual location.

People are too lazy and you have to strike while the iron is hot.

Let's just say for example there is a snowbird that is on vacation and sees this ad

and would like to pick up a Hulk 181 for his grandson, he may make it there or not.

Usually in any ad you want to hit the viewer over the head with a sledgehammer

and leave no questions that they have to gather from anywhere else.

You guys bought the spots so it's up to you.

Being the ad design biz for over 20 years this is my feedback.

Looks great though!

If you polled all 2+ million residents of the Tampa Bay area, I would say less than 2% had a clue of what and where the Minnireg hall is by name alone. Its a small Veterans Hall in the middle of an industrial park in Pinellas county (one of the reasons the guys are moving the show back to Tampa beginning next year is because its so out of the way).

Putting the name on an advertisement would therefore be functionally worthless, and I highly doubt anymore effective then clearly advertising the location on the site alone. Even adding the address wouldn't help, as someone who has went to the wrong 126th Ave in Pinellas while looking for the Minnreg will attest to. Yes, even Mapquest gets it wrong.

Providing clear directions to the location, as the site does, is the best thing they could've done.

o.k. here's a bigger question that I take from the commercial and bench

is it a given that the Minnreg Convention Hall is in Largo???

Not to harp on this, and it could be said that folks can go to the website

but I didn't see it mentioned and people would have to go to the site to know

if they didn't.

If it is a given then disregard.

The Minnreg Convention Hall is in Largo, but is it general knowledge, like, say, the Staples Center is in downtown LA, no, probably not.

And I would imagine that yes, driving traffic to the site is by design.

If you've attended the Tampa show over the last 2 years, you know where to go. If you don't, you'll have to visit the website to find out.

Another item of note: this is the last time the show will be in the Minnreg, so they probably didn't want to plaster those benches with a location that will be no good come the next show date (which is in February).

Well that is cool, but as a tip (if anyone cares)

I would add the actual location.

People are too lazy and you have to strike while the iron is hot.

Let's just say for example there is a snowbird that is on vacation and sees this ad

and would like to pick up a Hulk 181 for his grandson, he may make it there or not.

Usually in any ad you want to hit the viewer over the head with a sledgehammer

and leave no questions that they have to gather from anywhere else.

You guys bought the spots so it's up to you.

Being the ad design biz for over 20 years this is my feedback.

Looks great though!

If you polled all 2+ million residents of the Tampa Bay area, I would say less than 2% had a clue of what and where the Minnireg hall is by name alone. Its a small Veterans Hall in the middle of an industrial park in Pinellas county (one of the reasons the guys are moving the show back to Tampa beginning next year is because its so out of the way).

Putting the name on an advertisement would therefore be functionally worthless, and I highly doubt anymore effective then clearly advertising the location on the site alone. Even adding the address wouldn't help, as someone who has went to the wrong 126th Ave in Pinellas while looking for the Minnreg will attest to.

But I am sure people would know where Largo was right???

Anyway George I see the same peanut gallery that loves to throw stones is out and against my input.

So I'll just roll...

But as last note, I have done thousands of events like this and I try to avoid at all costs

to make the viewer to go somewhere else for vital info.

Take my comments as you would like.

The marketin' boys rustled this puppy together while shootin' from the hip & standin' tall in the stirrups. Weren't no time for given thought to it none.

Next rodeo maybe they'll relax a bit'n sit back'n the saddle while ridin' round the Bay goin' after those comic bookers.

Don't really know if'n they can do any sorta relaxin' routine let alone any kinda ad-vanced thinkin'.

Could you submit via PM to Lord FLEE the proposed text of your TV commercial -script for future consideration please, nerf?

Thank you. Enjoy your Friday.

The marketin' boys rustled this puppy together while shootin' from the hip & standin' tall in the stirrups. Weren't no time for given thought to it none.

Next rodeo maybe they'll relax a bit'n sit back'n the saddle while ridin' round the Bay goin' after those comic bookers.

Don't really know if'n they can do any sorta relaxin' routine let alone any kinda ad-vanced thinkin'.

Could you submit via PM to Lord FLEE the proposed text of your TV commercial -script for future consideration please, nerf?

Thank you. Enjoy your Friday.

I have used your sig line as a sig line before, but I didn't know that there was a second phrase! :cloud9:

I have used your sig line as a sig line before, but I didn't know that there was a second phrase! :cloud9:

I didn't know that you had used my sig line before, in part or otherwise.

We must be caught in some sorta cosmic quantum sig line CGC Message Boards entanglement deal.

We must be caught in some sorta cosmic quantum sig line CGC Message Boards entanglement deal.

Is the new AV Kaiser Wilhelm? I picture you as more of a Kaiser Soze . . . hm

Is the new AV Kaiser Wilhelm? I picture you as more of a Kaiser Soze . . . hm

Bismarck.

Lord FLEE is more like Holstein.

Excerpt from ye olde Wiki---

With the establishment of the German Empire in 1871 Holstein became secretary of the ambassador in Paris, Harry von Arnim, a patroniser of the French royalists and a fierce opponent of Chancellor Bismarck, who finally enforced Arnim's discharge and conviction for breach of secrecy. Thereafter Holstein returned to Berlin, where he assumed office as legation secretary at the Auswärtiges Amt in 1876, both an essential and suspiciously eyed associate of Bismarck, who behind his back called him a "hyena". Holstein's career as an éminence grise was promoted by Bismarck's dismissal in 1890. The new chancellor, Leo von Caprivi, was ignorant of foreign affairs; and Holstein, as a repository of the Bismarckian tradition, became indispensable.

I know what you are saying, but as in Buccaneers example, do they play in the bay?

Nope they play in Tampa, Fl.

We are sorry for the confusion. Harley has graciously volunteered to

actually set up in the Tampa Bay for those who may show up there. :)

harley-Tampa-Bay.jpg