• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to the comic economics thread?

68 posts in this topic

I was enjoying the topic of comics and the economy, however I noticed the topic seems to change and I stopped reading after page 5 or 6. It seemed to jump the shark. I would love to hear more thoughts on COMICS & the ECONOMY but I guess that ship has sailed.

All the Nerfherder-3 threads disappeared as well. I'm sure the mods got sick of him hitting the notify mods button like a crack addicted lab rat and then they just cleaned house completely.

:cloud9:

All the Nerfherder-3 threads disappeared as well. I'm sure the mods got sick of him hitting the notify mods button like a crack addicted lab rat and then they just cleaned house completely.

:cloud9::cloud9:

:cloud9::cloud9:

:ohnoez:

It was politics within the first 10 posts, and it had gone nearly 400 posts before it was pulled.

Your welcome.

Yes, dear, that joke's been used three times today, twice by you.

Let's not spoil its effectiveness by overusing it, shall we...?

:)

You're wrong... ;)

Nice edit. (thumbs u

We don't have an area called "politics" or "the gutters". Maybe the enforced kid gloves help us get along. If it is a huge issue one of our number could start another website or go to one of the many comic websites that accept that sort of communication. I occasionally post on rantrave, comicon and plastic, when I want to state my opinion on political issues.

I'm surprised that political posts aren't allowed in the water cooler. Seems like that area should be no-holds-barred.

It used to be.

That was the problem.

It was supposed to be on comics, collectibles and the impact of the possibly further downturn of the economy.

I had a great post about the economic realities of the comics market that has, sadly, been done away with. :(

Luckily, your modesty wasn't affected.

It was supposed to be on comics, collectibles and the impact of the possibly further downturn of the economy.

I had a great post about the economic realities of the comics market that has, sadly, been done away with. :(

:hi:

Hi, have we met? I'm RMA. Nice to meet you.

Concentrated ego is not rendered harmless by the good intentions of those wielding it.

Concentrated ego is not rendered harmless by the good intentions of those wielding it.

You know, you're just fueling the haters...

:whistle:

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Good thing I have no good intentions....