• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to the comic economics thread?

68 posts in this topic

It was just a matter of time, heck I was surprised it lasted as long as it did, things started getting pretty wild towards the end.

To help catch you up, my last post I talked about getting some new comics today. A Batman #45 and #50 graded by those other guys, and than it was gone lol

Geez, it's been awhile since a thread really caught my interest and now it's gone? I only got about 4 pages in last night, got sidetracked by the kids and couldn't get back on until today and poof, deleted. :frustrated: What happened? (shrug)

Politics. We're not grown-up enough to broach the topic. :insane:

It was politics within the first 10 posts, and it had gone nearly 400 posts before it was pulled.

Your welcome.

Yes, dear, that joke's been used three times today, twice by you.

Let's not spoil its effectiveness by overusing it, shall we...?

:)

It was politics within the first 10 posts, and it had gone nearly 400 posts before it was pulled.

Your welcome.

Yes, dear, that joke's been used three times today, twice by you.

Let's not spoil its effectiveness by overusing it, shall we...?

:)

You're wrong... ;)

No question that I mentioned a political party and a political activist early on. I shouldn't have. It was politics light but politics nonetheless and it was against the rules.

Over the rest of the pages some of the conversations (certainly my own) seemed to walk the border between economics and politics.

While I am sad it was censored, this continues to be a vibrant board with many interested members. While Emily Post might not agree, we are a well-mannered bunch who meet at conventions, share information in private posts, buy, sell and trade, and are generally helpful.

We don't have an area called "politics" or "the gutters". Maybe the enforced kid gloves help us get along. If it is a huge issue one of our number could start another website or go to one of the many comic websites that accept that sort of communication. I occasionally post on rantrave, comicon and plastic, when I want to state my opinion on political issues.

It was supposed to be on comics, collectibles and the impact of the possibly further downturn of the economy.

Politics can effect the economy :baiting:

It was a good thread you posted, seems like a lot of people were interested, even though it went far off track. Thanks for the fun read.

Bruce

We don't have an area called "politics" or "the gutters". Maybe the enforced kid gloves help us get along. If it is a huge issue one of our number could start another website or go to one of the many comic websites that accept that sort of communication. I occasionally post on rantrave, comicon and plastic, when I want to state my opinion on political issues.

I'm surprised that political posts aren't allowed in the water cooler. Seems like that area should be no-holds-barred.