• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DETECTIVE COMICS #27 CGC 4.0 Comiclink

36 posts in this topic

:gossip: board member's

Who ? (I'm not asking you to reveal their id but maybe they will see this and say)

Good luck with the sale !

Any guesstimate to how many raw copies are out there Gator ?

Ones in peoples collections that is.

in past threads, I have estimated 250-400 copies likely floating around out there...no one will ever know, so in the end, any reasonable number from 100-500 is just as valid as any other guess

Any guesstimate to how many raw copies are out there Gator ?

Ones in peoples collections that is.

in past threads, I have estimated 250-400 copies likely floating around out there...no one will ever know, so in the end, any reasonable number from 100-500 is just as valid as any other guess

Thanks for the guesstimate (thumbs u

Wow - what a great book!!!

I cant help pondering what professional restoration could do for this book. A cover clean could probably remove most of that awfull BC-smudge away. A pinch a CT here and there + a little very minor fillings would make an absolut stunner out of this book (aesthetically that is - not financially :insane:)

Heck, why stop there? Just get a nice photocopy of a perfect cover and then replace the cover with the photocopy cover. As long as one is going to :censored: with the book in order to make it look better than it really is, why not REALLY :censored: with the book and make it look a LOT better than it really is.

book has been posted on the boards numerous times, easily Identified...no secret that it is 1koko's copy (thumbs u
George let me hold it in San Diego this past summer--quite a treat to see an unrestored 27 these days...And this copy has most of the "bOb kane" sig present at the bottom..his sig is commonly cut off on most copies..

book has been posted on the boards numerous times, easily Identified...no secret that it is 1koko's copy (thumbs u
George let me hold it in San Diego this past summer--quite a treat ..

:o:blush:

something tells me that post is going to the "out of context" member quote thread lol

something tells me that post is going to the "out of context" member quote thread lol

I was thinking the same thing

I was thinking the same thing

but "is" it out of context hm