• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DETECTIVE COMICS #27 CGC 4.0 Comiclink

36 posts in this topic

Any guesstimate to how many raw copies are out there Gator ?

Ones in peoples collections that is.

in past threads, I have estimated 250-400 copies likely floating around out there...no one will ever know, so in the end, any reasonable number from 100-500 is just as valid as any other guess

Wait, what would an unreasonable number between 100-500 be...? 179? Cause I hate that number. I hate it so MUCH. :mad:

in past threads, I have estimated 250-400 copies likely floating around out there...no one will ever know, so in the end, any reasonable number from 100-500 is just as valid as any other guess

Wait, what would an unreasonable number between 100-500 be...? 179? Cause I hate that number. I hate it so MUCH. :mad:

statistically speaking the probability that there are exactly 179 copies is practically zero, so you are safe (thumbs u

book has been posted on the boards numerous times, easily Identified...no secret that it is 1koko's copy (thumbs u
George let me hold it in San Diego this past summer--quite a treat ..

:o:blush:

something tells me that post is going to the "out of context" member quote thread lol

I was thinking the same thing

but "is" it out of context hm

Definetly :sumo:

lol

statistically speaking the probability that there are exactly 179 copies is practically zero, so you are safe (thumbs u

:gossip: 48 slabbed as we speak ...

If the 500 figure is correct it would imply that only "one out of ten" 27s are slabbed.

Me thinks that way more of the total number of T27 are slabbed today than just 10% ... (shrug)

:gossip: 48 slabbed as we speak ...

If the 500 figure is correct it would imply that only "one out of ten" 27s are slabbed.

Me thinks that way more of the total number of T27 are slabbed today than just 10% ... (shrug)

we had this estimation discussion many times before...

I know or have been told where there are approx 20 unslabbed tec 27's... if I myself know of that many, then I can guarantee you that I "don't" know where 10% of them are...hence, my estimate of 200-400 ...meaning that 200 is the minimum # out there, IMO...and, many many are restored (I believe Susan C once told me she had worked on dozens of Tec 27's over the years, and I know Matt Nelson has too)...

200-400 is probably safe, but more than 400 wouldn't suprise me (thumbs u

If there are 400 out there then people are paying to much for these 3.0-4.0 copies.

Not necessarily. If there are 400 copies, then for every copy of Batman's first appearance known to exist, there is easily 5 to 10 ten million people who know who Batman is. And even if only a tiny sub-fraction of a percentave of them has any interest in owning a copy, there will never be enough to go around.

but not at 400K a pop though. I think that was the point Flash105 was making.

I understood that, but I think 100K is the natural low for any copy of this book and it may not be long before 250K is the entry level. A 4.0 presents very nicely and with the current market placing inordinate value on the blueness itself the book can rake in even more, so 400K doesn't strike me as outlandish.

I dont either. given our understanding of the scarcity. ZBut if there are 400 copies, Id guess about 40 would be VGish, so no way theyd get 100K a pop should they all come to market.

I think thats the discussion we are having, no? sort of chicken and egg. If they are out there, but dont come to market, prices remain bullish based on unknown supply (= perceived scarcity). But if they all show up, (= perceived availability) pricing --while still exciting since its a Tec27) will undoubtedly get a lot softer.

are there even 40 people with 100K to spend on a comicbook? and how many of them want a VG?