• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now that the Amazing Spiderman Blank cover is coming out...

67 posts in this topic

Ahh.. The limitless ideas :cloud9:

I'm not sure what I want other that a huge print run because it is obvious this is going to be an issue no one cares anything about the interior pages and people will be stock piling them for sketches in the future.

It's supposed to be a start of a new chapter in Spidey's life. Well, depending on how Dan Slott performs, you could be right, or wrong.

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but ordering 100+ of a blank and finding out later that the cover in "unsuitable" for sketching(can't take color well, glossy, can't take pencil, etc) doesn't feel good at all... :(

Is there anyway to find out the stock quality of the blanks before they hit the stores?

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but ordering 100+ of a blank and finding out later that the cover in "unsuitable" for sketching(can't take color well, glossy, can't take pencil, etc) doesn't feel good at all... :(

Is there anyway to find out the stock quality of the blanks before they hit the stores?

As far as I recall, all of the recent blanks from Marvel have been suitable for sketching, but some (such as Avengers #1 2nd print, Wolverine #1 and X-Force #1) were less than desirable for colors. While it would be nice if the ASM blank is like Marvels Project, Avengers #1 (1st print) and X-Men #1, I wouldn't lose a whole lot of sleep if it's not.

It's a sad state of affairs that they simply can't get it right. Once they discover a suitable cover stock why don't they just stick with it?

I suppose they're more concerned with cutting corners and costs and simply getting these silly things on to the shelves. :P

If we do find that the stock is really nice, I'd like to buy some to have it ready to use at the VA con coming up. If they're back up to the Marvels Project/Dark Avengers/X-men quality for a big title like ASM, I'll be disappointed and yet not surprised.

Um, according to my invoices, this blank is hitting stores tomorrow, so we'll know real quick if the cover is suitable or not...

The stock quality statement wasn't just towards the ASM blank, but sketch covers in general. But you're right, the moment of truth is at hand