• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Section at Amazon

14 posts in this topic

Got an e-mail from Amazon.com tonight announcing thir new comic book and graphic novel section. Thought that was pretty cool. Here's the text of the e-mail...

Comics lovers, rejoice! In recent years, comic books have changed from lurid, flimsy rags sold in the racks of newsstands to sturdier, respected works of real literature. Titles like Blankets, Watchmen, and Sandman have blown away the format's perceived limitations, and a wave of popular Japanese comics, or manga, has exposed a whole new generation of readers to the possibilities of comic books. We're proud to announce that Amazon.com has created a Comics & Graphic Novels Store, where you'll find all the genre has to offer--from superheroes and comic-strip characters to comedy and drama. Visit our store today and discover the power of little pictures.

Here's a linky to the new section on Amazon...

Good for the Hobby!

893applaud-thumb.gif

"Blankets?" confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, I didn't want to sound ignorant as I've never heard of this apparently pivotal and transitional comic. tongue.gif So I didn't mention it.

Anybody on the Forum care to lmk what this comic was and if it was any good? Amazon seem to regard it highly.

"Blankets?" confused-smiley-013.gif

Blankets. Craig Thompson. Great book, no superheroes, just people.

But excellent nonetheless.

post edited for typo....

Sounds interesting. Can't understand why I've not heard of it, though.

It's worth buying. Published by Top Shelf. It was never released as a monthly comic, just as the book (I think). So it never got much run in comic book stores.

Amazon has been pricing graphic novels at about 30% off for years. They just hadn't given them their own category before now. They've had the Archive Editions for $35 for as long as I can remember.

I'm always conflicted. Do I support my LCS, or do I go for the great price off Amazon with no shipping fees or sales tax. confused.gif

Amazon has been pricing graphic novels at about 30% off for years. They just hadn't given them their own category before now. They've had the Archive Editions for $35 for as long as I can remember.

I'm always conflicted. Do I support my LCS, or do I go for the great price off Amazon with no shipping fees or sales tax. confused.gif

That's a no-brainer for me. Especially since I hate my LCS's. devil.gif

I'm always conflicted. Do I support my LCS, or do I go for the great price off Amazon with no shipping fees or sales tax.

I feel your pain. My LCS's are pretty sad. The best of the two is run by an exceptionally nice lady. I go down about once every 6-8 weeks in the hope that things have improved but it hasn't. Regardless, I always spend a few dollars when I do go because I am gald she is there and, as I said, she is a very nice lady.