• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does CGC determine who actually owns a book ??

24 posts in this topic

I bought a book off someone and am having some trouble getting it added to my registry set. Then the idea hit me that it might be already listed by the # in his set. How does a book that changes hands, get removed from one set and put into the true owners set ??

Yep.

If you try to add a book to your registry set and that book is already registered to someone else, the request will fail and an email will be sent out the owner giving them a choice to either accept or deny the transfer.

If they accept the transfer, the book is immediately registered to you - if they don't do anything (eg. they don't deny the transfer), CGC will automatically transfer the book to you after a couple of days.

Yep.

If you try to add a book to your registry set and that book is already registered to someone else, the request will fail and an email will be sent out the owner giving them a choice to either accept or deny the transfer.

If they accept the transfer, the book is immediately registered to you - if they don't do anything (eg. they don't deny the transfer), CGC will automatically transfer the book to you after a couple of days.

I think it's longer than a couple days, maybe 5 ?

Thanks for the info guys. I'm just getting started on this registry stuff, but its lots of fun. I have one set :acclaim:

Oh yea.... the book I was having trouble with got worked out and is now logged in.

No, i definitely put it in the correct set and the correct reg#. I havent tried entering it again but i got an email saying it was registered to another user.

I entered all about 140 of my CGC's when i signed up last week and about 5 came back under another owner. All the others, i got an email within a day or 2 saying that it was now registered to me but for some reason the Avengers #77 still isn't being put on my registry???

I considered that but it seems unlikely. I bought Avengers #40,46,63, 74 and 77 from him(it was actually Ebay not Comiclink, my bad). 3 of them i couldnt register but after 1-2 days, i got the email adding them.

Seems weird that he would reject that one??? I'll try again now and see what happens. Maybe it just got overlooked.

Nope, i just tried to add it and got this....

This Certification # is currently registered to a different user. Your request has been added to an admin queue, and you will be contacted.

I just checked my emails and the others were all accepted on the 8th but havent gotten anything about the Avengers 77 accepting or denying it. I assume if the previous owner rejects the claim, CGC will send me an email saying that no?

Would it help linking them to the Avengers 77 auction showing i did win it?

This Certification # is currently registered to a different user. Your request has been added to an admin queue, and you will be contacted.

I just checked my emails and the others were all accepted on the 8th but havent gotten anything about the Avengers 77 accepting or denying it. I assume if the previous owner rejects the claim, CGC will send me an email saying that no?

If it doesn't get added to your set within a few business days, PM Gemma.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=162

If your original request was still outstanding I believe the message would have read Your request is ALREADY in the admin queue, or something to that effect. It's possible you originally entered the wrong number on this one and the process has just started with your latest request. It will happen, be patient.

No problem, not a big deal.

I'm a LONG way away from getting anywhere near the top of the list anyways! lol

Thanks for the assist though, i appreciate it.

With that and the 3 nice BA books i got in the mail today, i should get bumped from #322 to #311! Only about a million $'s to go to get into the top 25! lol

This happened to me once when I bought a silver aged book. It was already registered to another user and they actually said they still owned it.

CGC Registry folks asked me to take a pic with a current newspaper and send it to them.

Once I did that, they transferred it over to me :).

K.

No problem, not a big deal.

I'm a LONG way away from getting anywhere near the top of the list anyways! lol

Thanks for the assist though, i appreciate it.

With that and the 3 nice BA books i got in the mail today, i should get bumped from #322 to #311! Only about a million $'s to go to get into the top 25! lol

lol!!!!