• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a good example of Boards community spirit?

171 posts in this topic

there's also a bit of a difference between a "free stuff" thread and a buying thread where one may post an :takeit: and then spend 20 minutes deciding which of the 150 books listed they want. for one, the giver awayer isn't actually obligated to give anything away (other than saving face here and such), whereas the seller has made an offer, which has been accepted with a promise to pay, which counds like a contract.

OTOH, if it was a list of 100 free comics, "pick one please" type offer... then JC has a better point... editing after the fact to say which one should make you lose priority, but i don't think we had that here (did we?)

It certainly makes life easier for everyone if you quote the book ur buying particularly when the seller is posting many books at a quicksilver rate, while drinking.

Not that that happens......

It certainly makes life easier for everyone if you quote the book ur buying particularly when the seller is posting many books at a quicksilver rate, while drinking.

:takeit:ing your own books again, eh?

Was it in Cheryl's thread? I glanced thru it and didn't see much bickering ??

Being the thread killer that I am, I posted this, which is the current last

post.

Hey Cheryl,

We've got a charity auction going on in the spring.

I'll take any X stuff !!!

Phil :takeit:

Hi all, yes I'm Pietro as you all may have guessed, and yes Garry has pretty much hit the nail on head. Garry and I are good friends and I told him what had happened and it's very kind of him to stick up for me in this way, thanks mate. I really didn't want any hassle or bad feeling over this. I told the other member that he could have the book and I am fine with how it all ended. No need to cause any fuss but thanks all for the support.

Great attitude! This is so meaningless in the greater scheme of things... it's nice to see someone with the right perspective :applause:

Telling somebody they've done something wrong when they haven't so you can get a free book for yourself is meaningless?

In the greater scheme of things, with all of the larger problems in the world? Absolutely. :sumo:

We're not talking about the rest of the world, we're talking about this community.

I was complimenting gaz's attitude in a situation that is irritating but totally meaningless in the long run (both in this community and the rest of the world). He could have been pizzed off and started this thread himself, but he blew it off. Kudos to him.

Holy cow!

Where the have you been?

:o

It's quite simple really, dealers Divad like pressed free books, and collectors don't can't have them. ;)

You know what's even sadder?

The moment I read your post, a certain boardie popped into my mind. I have no gripe against him or anyone involved in this matter, but the MO sounded like this boardie to a tee.

After I saw the count's link to the post - well, all I can say is that I don't get why some people have to act this way :(

Holy cow!

Where the have you been?

:o

:roflmao: That's one wacky thread Roy. Whatever you were having that night, pass it along! :banana:

there's also a bit of a difference between a "free stuff" thread and a buying thread where one may post an :takeit: and then spend 20 minutes deciding which of the 150 books listed they want.

If this was the scenario, and all the books were in one post, then it changes everything and the book has to be posted first.

So who's the guy that complained?

Do I Vilify A Dumbass? hm

Oh, no way.

doh!

Sorry, I scanned through the thread and missed it the first time around.

Wow, and from a seasoned veteran no less.

there's also a bit of a difference between a "free stuff" thread and a buying thread where one may post an :takeit: and then spend 20 minutes deciding which of the 150 books listed they want.

If this was the scenario, and all the books were in one post, then it changes everything and the book has to be posted first.

That is not the current rule and there is certainly no "has to be" about it.

Now it is an interesting point and it may be a good idea to change the rules GOING FORWARD.