• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRETTY BOOK OF THE DAY 3/12/04

19 posts in this topic

Haven't posted anything in a while. This was Uncle Scrooge's first appearance in WDC&S, making it the second issue in the triumvirate of Uncle Scrooge "first appearances".

421746-WDC%26S%20140.jpg

589a8bf385907_421746-WDCS140.jpg.5089db101cbaaeb1a86e7aa468ca4e59.jpg

Haven't posted anything in a while. This was Uncle Scrooge's first appearance in WDC&S, making it the second issue in the triumvirate of Uncle Scrooge "first appearances".

421746-WDC%26S%20140.jpg

anyone who can use triumvirate properly in a sentence gets 5 stars, er wait, oh ya forgot, nevermind confused.gif

Sweet book and im not even a Disney collector. Bronty is probably still picking himself up off the floor though, probably fell over Garthgantu. insane.gif

Here I am! I think Bronty slipped on all the drool...

That is an awesome copy! I've got a Fair copy of that issue, and am looking to upgrade at WonderCon...

Which of the triumvirate is left, FC 386 ? If it's the "Barks file copy" I'm gonna lose it... the one that has the stamp on the cover reading "This is the property of Carl Barks - anyone else possessing it is a thief" or words to that effect smile.gif

Yes, those WDC&S are hard to find in NM - because they were loved and read to death...

As for Uncle Scrooge, you've got to give props - he's one of the most recognized and well-defined characters in comicbookdom, IMO - Barks outdid himself when he invented Scrooge!

And without Scrooge, we wouldn't have The Beagle Boys; Magic DeSpell, Flintheart Glomgold, The First Dime, etc.

I am not a Disney collector, but I used to read Disney comics when I was a kid. Uncle Scrooge was my favorite. thumbsup2.gif

Here I am! I think Bronty slipped on all the drool...

That is an awesome copy! I've got a Fair copy of that issue, and am looking to upgrade at WonderCon...

Which of the triumvirate is left, FC 386 ? If it's the "Barks file copy" I'm gonna lose it... the one that has the stamp on the cover reading "This is the property of Carl Barks - anyone else possessing it is a thief" or words to that effect smile.gif

Yes, those WDC&S are hard to find in NM - because they were loved and read to death...

As for Uncle Scrooge, you've got to give props - he's one of the most recognized and well-defined characters in comicbookdom, IMO - Barks outdid himself when he invented Scrooge!

And without Scrooge, we wouldn't have The Beagle Boys; Magic DeSpell, Flintheart Glomgold, The First Dime, etc.

Yup, but not the Barks file copy, although I'd love to see it. Just waiting to take delivery. grin.gif