• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25 boxes of comics- pic added page #8

86 posts in this topic

anyone with experience have suggestions on how to go about organizing this haul. thanks

cherry pick the handful of worthwhile stuff. then, neatly place all the boxes side by side on the lawn. go into the garage and get the can of gasoline. pour it over the comic boxes. light a match. sit back and enjoy

i told my son we'd have a burn barrel going

anyone with experience have suggestions on how to go about organizing this haul. thanks

cherry pick the handful of worthwhile stuff. then, neatly place all the boxes side by side on the lawn. go into the garage and get the can of gasoline. pour it over the comic boxes. light a match. sit back and enjoy

tsc! With how much gas & matches cost these days! better off getting the store credit of .50 cents a box for them :roflmao:

i told my son we'd have a burn barrel going

Better yet, donate them to a local school or library.

...or drop a nice big boxful at a local children's hospital, grab the yellow pages and toss a fat stack in every local pediatrician's office, hell, go hit the local barbershops with a bunch. Give 'em out next halloween, etc etc

No need to burn them, when there are zillions of kids out there that have never so much as seen a comic. Get some into their greedy little hands!

...or drop a nice big boxful at a local children's hospital, grab the yellow pages and toss a fat stack in every local pediatrician's office, hell, go hit the local barbershops with a bunch. Give 'em out next halloween, etc etc

No need to burn them, when there are zillions of kids out there that have never so much as seen a comic. Get some into their greedy little hands!

Exactly :applause:

My personal advice on sorting huge volumes of books is that you can never have too many comic boxes. You need at least as many empty ones as you have full ones.

And you are going to need far more 'S' boxes than anything else.

Exactly :applause:

i'd never actually burn them. i was kidding. i've given away thousands of comics to local schools. there is definitely a large # of these being earmarked for donation.

First pass thru- Marvels, DCs, indys,

Second pass- Keys, Gold/Silver, Bronze, others.

I keep my SA/BA books segregated from the CA/Moderns so I might have a box thats half Daredevil, half Iron Man that are 12to 40 cent cover price and another that are 50 cent to present.

I find it easier to be creating four or so piles each pass thru rather than having fifty piles from the get-go.

Enjoy! Remember this is fun, not work. Take your time and be sure to set aside some good reading as you go along.

update: 7 1/2 boxes still to go. just came across GL #76. still no hulk #181 or x-men #94. was a ASM #121 and #129 but no #122 yet. this exercise has truly made me appreciate high grade collections- this is not one of them.

typed too soon- 5 books down was the x-men #94

update: 7 1/2 boxes still to go. just came across GL #76. still no hulk #181 or x-men #94. was a ASM #121 and #129 but no #122 yet. this exercise has truly made me appreciate high grade collections- this is not one of them.

typed too soon- 5 books down was the x-men #94

^^