• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remembering November 18th, 1992

185 posts in this topic

Please...let's not go down this road yet again. It's a tired old road, and there are much better ones, don't you think?

:wishluck:

Agreed. It is a tired old road. Even a master researcher can be mistaken. November 18th happened, as did November 20th.

It is what it is. Saying otherwise won't change history. So let's move on to other topics.

That's correct. Saying otherwise won't change history. And claiming other people say otherwise when they don't also doesn't change history.

And even a master researcher can be correct, but still come to a different conclusion in light of further information.

So how's about we abandon this whole "RMA is trying to say Nov 18th never happened" thing you have going, huh...?

It is good to see you two finally bury the hatchet on this. :wishluck::applause:

Time to put on the black armbands.

:whee:

I still have my OO copy.

Me too, it's probably one of my most sentimental comics since my Dad went after work on the day of release and got it for me.

(worship)

Now that is one of the best reasons for having one of these books handy. Thanks for sharing this.

:foryou:

Nah - it was just the beginning.

At least from a speculation perspective you made easy money with the Death of Superman.

For me height of the bubble was mid-1993. Some folks here have pegged it as April, which had the return of Superman + Turok # 1. And there was a weird month or two that summer where Valiant was passé & folks were getting 4-5x cover for Ultraverse books as the next big thing.

But I consider the height of the bubble to be Deathmate. The massive delays and absurd $5 cover prices probably put more comic shops out of business than anything else.

But I consider the height of the bubble to be Deathmate. The massive delays and absurd $5 cover prices probably put more comic shops out of business than anything else.

What a bugger that set was for a while trying to pull a complete run together. But then when I did, and had a chance to read it all the way through, I wanted a refund!

:sumo:

I don't know if any of you guys have ever seen this, but it makes me laugh every time I watch it...

This is AWESOME! :roflmao: Just made a gloomy Monday a little bearable. Thank you for sharing!

No problem! It's a good video to have around when you need a good laugh. Plus, it's all true. So funny....

I don't know if any of you guys have ever seen this, but it makes me laugh every time I watch it...

This is AWESOME! :roflmao: Just made a gloomy Monday a little bearable. Thank you for sharing!

No problem! It's a good video to have around when you need a good laugh. Plus, it's all true. So funny....

I have to agree. Max Landis really made one heck of a hobby comedy with that video. And the scary part is - like you said - all true.

:fear:

Time to put on the black armbands.

:whee:

I still have my OO copy.

Me too, it's probably one of my most sentimental comics since my Dad went after work on the day of release and got it for me.

(worship)

Now that is one of the best reasons for having one of these books handy. Thanks for sharing this.

:foryou:

+1

The great debate on the released date. If I remember correctly, Diamond had the books Ready Wed. morning. This was the earliest you could local pick up, Airfreight, Truck them, or UPS them. So if you had a local Pick up, Wed. Airfreight, Thursday. Truck them,Friday. You could sell them anytime you wanted. So everyone is right.

I have to agree. Max Landis really made one heck of a hobby comedy with that video. And the scary part is - like you said - all true.

Yeah, all true... except for the myriad inaccuracies and exaggerations. :eyeroll:

Yeah, all true... except for the myriad inaccuracies and exaggerations. :eyeroll:

Oh, relax and enjoy the additional melodrama he added for effect. It was all in good fun versus mocking fanboys or the hobby.

This.

This.

I only read the storyline once, when it came out, but from what I recall this seems like a fairly accurate recap (ignoring the bits that are obviously thrown in for comedic purposes), with the one (admittedly major) exception that characters had been regularly been brought back from the dead before this point.

I only read the storyline once, when it came out, but from what I recall this seems like a fairly accurate recap (ignoring the bits that are obviously thrown in for comedic purposes), with the one (admittedly major) exception that characters had been regularly been brought back from the dead before this point.

Exactly!

It was meant to bring a laugh while also passing along some education about what took place during this crazy time with one of the biggest comic book marketing campaigns ever.