• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raw grades from "reputable" sellers ??

35 posts in this topic

I've been looking over some of the for sale sections of sites like CLINK, COMICONNECT, METROPOLIS and others, and have seen quite a few RAW GA books with very high grades (9.2 - 9.4 ) and am wondering how the prices they are asking can be justified in light of the books not being graded and slabbed by CGC ?? I mean the difference between the asking price for an 8.5 and a 9.2 or 9.4 is ALOT !! .....

There is no guarantee that the book would come back from CGC with the grade that "they" say its in. Not only that, but you can't tell who owns the books on CLINK and COMICONNECT. How do you guys pursue a book like that when there is no format for dialog with the books owner ??

Hook up with them at a show and inspect it in hand.

I was going to go with hack into the c-link computer network and have you henchmen plant hidden cameras in the owner's home. :sorry:

Most likely Metro, but it could be consigned. Either way, you're covered by their return policy

Looks like the same book to me. I'd say it IS the same book...... but it doesn't look like a 9.4 to me. I havn't heard much good about Metro though :P

Most likely Metro, but it could be consigned. Either way, you're covered by their return policy

Looks like the same book to me. I'd say it IS the same book...... but it doesn't look like a 9.4 to me. I havn't heard much good about Metro though :P

Nice looking book, love the colours. Doesn't look 9.4 to me. Looks like a spine-split or rip at the bottom.

Heres another situation that just makes me wonder. This book is listed on the CLINK for sale site as "SALE PENDING" ........ but I already own it, and have for at about 6 months. Why don't they update their stuff (shrug)

Plas 33

Heres another situation that just makes me wonder. This book is listed on the CLINK for sale site as "SALE PENDING" ........ but I already own it, and have for at about 6 months. Why don't they update their stuff (shrug)

I was wondering that myself. There are books listed that were posted in 2005. I cant believe these books still have not sold. What gives with them?

DR.X

Plas 33

They have books i bought years ago still listed as "sale pending". If you look at the Plastic Man page, the 1.0 #4 has been mine since March of 2004! I guess it makes them look like they have more inventory than they do?

Does ComicConnect have books in their auctions other than books from Metro?

Yes.

could you be more precise, please lol

How about "Yes, they`re the ones that don`t have totally unrealistic reserves."

At least theres the "make offer" tab. Even Overstreets prices are too high IMO on some of this stuff, and Metro is higher still. I'm begining to look at all these Plastic Man books as POW"s

Does ComicConnect have books in their auctions other than books from Metro?

Yes.

could you be more precise, please lol

How about "Yes, they`re the ones that don`t have totally unrealistic reserves."

That's pretty much it. The books with reserves are, in most cases, Metro's stock. The ones with no reserve are consigned. I know the Archie books in the auction have been consigned and I'm sure there are many others