• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Be careful when buying from Quality Comix?????

451 posts in this topic

The incredible shrinking thread.

:gossip: Spraying for shills.

So, how's dinner?

:baiting:

hissy1.gif

:foryou:

If you wanted me to, I'd be happy to take full admin. responsibilities and take care of things around here to help lighten your load.

I figure now that I've learned to walk in this place I'm ready to do something productive.

:grin:

You need more practice with your walking.

CWBI5413564352228.jpg

My man, John.

:cloud9:

For the sake of entertainment, can one of you guys channel the spirit of Carolina Comics and let us finish the roasting?

When I sober up tomorrow I'm going to have my Rebel Flag re-tattooed back on my .

It's starting to fade.

There was a thread a few years ago, too when he was slow...all I know is that when I had to return a book, it was to the NY address (which is not far from here, within 50 miles). That is also where my book was shipped from. I don't believe Brent lives anywhere near NY, so he must have a partner who is shipping, etc.

Maybe that's part of the problem. Perhaps he's not the real problem? :shrug: he's not doing the shipping? Still he should answer.

Can you google the NY Address and see if you can contact someone there?

hm Brent has been having some promptness issues lately, but I'm sure he will get your book to you...

+1

Wasn't there a similar thread a few weeks ago about Brent?

Hope everything is ok.

:roflmao:

Oprah says there was a thread....

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=4308274&Searchpage=1&Main=202512&Words=brent&topic=0&Search=true#Post4308274

I hear you, I CAN NOT STAND :frustrated: people that can't communicate properly, this is NOT the 1800s. We have phones (everybody has a cell phone), email, websites, instant messaging, text messaging, picture messaging, do I need to go on???

There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for being slow about shipping if that is your business. :screwy:

I appreciate the starter of this thread, I was about to pull the trigger on a $2k book that is on QC website, hearing this info, I will NOT do business with Brent and I have bought from him before.

I am in a dispute with a long time dealer (I won't mention his name yet) that owes me $425 and it has been 10 days since our agreement (+ many weeks of emails and no returned phone calls), so this reply to QC has just infuriated me. :o:makepoint:

Anyway I hope you will get your book, I had to talk to Mark Zaid (attorney on the boards) to HOPEFULLY get the half of the $850 I deposited with this dealer and he sold the book I was to get.

Tim

Rick

have you tried calling Brent? i know its frustrating but i have dealt with Brent in the past as do some board members and Brent was A1 in dealing with all my previous transactions with him. Hopefully he responds soon.

Rick

have you tried calling Brent? i know its frustrating but i have dealt with Brent in the past as do some board members and Brent was A1 in dealing with all my previous transactions with him. Hopefully he responds soon.

After a month, and many voicemail's to Brent...

However, still no book. Again, I have started calling...

Do I just keep calling and emailing him...

Rick

After a month, and many voicemail's to Brent...

However, still no book. Again, I have started calling...

Do I just keep calling and emailing him...

I'm surprised someone hasn't started a thread on "Use of the new invention called 'The Phone.' "

cellbooth_1.jpg

I don't want to take sides in the matter, but for anyone running any kind of business, you need to imagine, for a moment, your business as a brick and mortar storefront, where you've expended the money, time and resources to affix a door chime whenever someone enters your shop, a counter with a cash register, signs to sell product, and maybe a little counter bell.

You might get away with leaving the counter unattended for a minute or two with a customer waiting impatiently in your store, but you're really rolling the dice with your professional image and reputation, not to mention the lost opportunity with so many competitors down the road.

Now think of your online communication as that storefront, and your communication protocol as the most important tool to alerting you that a customer is waiting in the wing.

A day passed without checking emails, responding, or even explaining to a customer that you'll get back to them first chance you get is the difference between retaining that customer, or watching the backs of their shoe soles kick-up the dust - imagery that you should strive to avoid before it turns into a deja-vu memory and representation of your businesses staying power in an already overly competitive and cutthroat industry.

This, and the other recent thread, have made me very wary of dealing with QC

despite the years of good word about him on here.

This shows the power of negative perception, and communication is the key to countering this.

Now think of your online communication as that storefront, and your communication protocol as the most important tool to alerting you that a customer is waiting in the wing.

I do agree that anyone nowadays has very little excuses for lack of communicating with their customers repeatedly. And even worse, it does kill your competitiveness when more than a few customers complain about having a problem reaching you post-sales.

Absolutely true. My hosting nightmare with Go Daddy did not make me a happy camper.

Having customers telling me the website is down again is not what you like waking up to.

Maybe his Overstreet Advisor membership should be revoked since this is not how "Advisors" should conduct business. I'm still waiting for that writeup on what exactly they do. Frankly some of them make my business tougher, others make it easier since they clearly don't know how to run a business.