• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Annual Worst eBay Seller Awards...Nominate and VOTE!

151 posts in this topic

Hello and Welcome to present the 1st Annual Worst eBay Seller Awards! :boo:

Maybe some of you have dabbled on eBay, buying comics and got a book that was, shall we say, a little less than the expected grade given. Or maybe you never got that book, so you'll never know! Or maybe you just waited for a long time...long long time. Maybe it was coming from a Galaxy Far, Far away? Or maybe you got some colorful and somewhat crazy emails from the seller? With so many stories, and with eBay having such a rich history with it's many bad sellers, I thought it was time to acknowledge some of these fine, upstanding online dealers! (tsk)

I wanted this to be a real award though. The winner, or loser, depending on how you look at it (I'm more of a glass is half full kind of guy!), will receive a Certificate Of Disapproval that hopefully he will display proudly whenever he/or she sells on eBay.

Tell us who you believe is the worst eBay seller this year. Tell us your story. Maybe you just ran into this seller looking for an item. We want to hear about it. Remember...this is a vote, and your voices must be heard.

Oh, and the person who nominated the winner will also win a prize (most likely a comic or 2 to be decided at a later date). The deadline for voting will be December 20th, 2010.

And there will also be a "Lifetime Achievement" Award for worst seller. I figure that is anyone with 5 or more years scammi...er I mean selling on eBay.

:rulez:

eBay sellers only. It's fine if they sell or other sites, but we're only looking at eBay only.

Nominate posting on thread.

Vote by PM.

To win prize, be the 1st to Nominate a seller, and if that seller "wins", you win a prize!

You can Nominate as many sellers as you like, but only 1 seller per post. A nomination does not count as a vote.

1 vote per member please.

The "Lifetime Achievement" Award will be narrowed down to 5 sellers who will be voted on. Those sellers will have to have sold for 5 years or more and must still be Registered eBay members.

I will not be nominating, but will vote. (By the way, I am also a seller and you can nominate me as well if you feel so inclined)

I hope this will be fun as well as educational. Thanks and I look forward to your response and votes!

The categories:

Worst eBay Seller 2010

Runner-Up to Worst eBay Seller 2010 (oh that has to be even worse...coming in at 2nd place on being the worst!) Deadline to nominate Dec 15, 2010

Naming the name of "The Worst eBay Seller Award" Deadline to nominate-Dec 15, 2010

The "Lifetime Achievement" Award! I will pick a few deserving candidates for your consideration. Feel free to post who you think deserves this honor. The "winner" will have this award named after them! The nominees will be announced next month!

Feel free for other ideas related to this award!

The Award show will be held December 26th, 2010!

Let the games begin.... :applause:

I will work on the Prizes for the Winners. I think I will also give a Second Prize as well, as I'm sure there are more than one eBay seller who deserves some sort of recognition for this fine achievement. Start nominating! (thumbs u

I was trying to find out more info on Robojo. It seems he hasn't sold in the last year. (shrug) Maybe the Robojo nominated changed their name? Any info would be great! Below is the link to the Robojo I found.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=robojo&ftab=AllFeedback

My friend you've got the wrong robojo (shrug)

I was trying to find out more info on Robojo. It seems he hasn't sold in the last year. (shrug) Maybe the Robojo nominated changed their name? Any info would be great! Below is the link to the Robojo I found.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=robojo&ftab=AllFeedback

Oh, he's still selling all right....

Oh, he's still selling all right....

Thank you guys...here is the correct Robojo...Robojo33!