• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Annual Worst eBay Seller Awards...Nominate and VOTE!

151 posts in this topic

I've had tons of transactions with Showcase NE, and have never had a single issue - how about you actually do some research before you add people to this list?

Dan sold me a book earlier this year, and then realized it had sold already. Not only did he refund my money immediately, but he also included the difference for me to buy one listed on Ebay at a slight higher price.

It may have only been $7 more, but I thought it was an amazingly kind gesture which he didn't even have to offer.

:cloud9:

Bosco's experience captures the essence of Dan for me. I see more bumbling insufficiently_thoughtful_person type issues with SNE arise than true malice or scam type issues. Depends how deep we want the nominations to run. Like mschmidt said previously, everybody in the hobby has someone willing to bad mouth them...

As for research, wasn't there just some question of SNE shilling their books?

Well, if that's grounds for nomination...

hm

I'm not sure if anything came of it...

But, like I said, depends how deep we want the nominations to go....

Well, if that's grounds for nomination...

hm

I'm not sure if anything came of it...

But, like I said, depends how deep we want the nominations to go....

Actually, I was referring to another upstanding citizen who has been suspected of shilling and very compelling evidence has been presented.

:gossip:

I have no idea about SNE shilling and haven't heard of the charge previously.

I was doing a search for information on eBay seller SAMCO. He's the guy with all the crazy fonts in his listings that seem to be designed to prevent buyers from reading the listing details.

Anyway, I found this thread which I think has very valuable information for buyers regarding a number of sellers.

Is this type of thread frowned upon now?

Just an idea, but (if allowable) it might be nice if we updated this list for 2012 in order to protect as many buyers as possible.

There are new threats out there, as well as old threats with new names.

I was doing a search for information on eBay seller SAMCO. He's the guy with all the crazy fonts in his listings that seem to be designed to prevent buyers from reading the listing details.

Anyway, I found this thread which I think has very valuable information for buyers regarding a number of sellers.

Is this type of thread frowned upon now?

Just an idea, but (if allowable) it might be nice if we updated this list for 2012 in order to protect as many buyers as possible.

There are new threats out there, as well as old threats with new names.

hm

I've had tons of transactions with Showcase NE, and have never had a single issue - how about you actually do some research before you add people to this list?

Dan sold me a book earlier this year, and then realized it had sold already. Not only did he refund my money immediately, but he also included the difference for me to buy one listed on Ebay at a slight higher price.

It may have only been $7 more, but I thought it was an amazingly kind gesture which he didn't even have to offer.

:cloud9:

Bosco's experience captures the essence of Dan for me. I see more bumbling insufficiently_thoughtful_person type issues with SNE arise than true malice or scam type issues. Depends how deep we want the nominations to run. Like mschmidt said previously, everybody in the hobby has someone willing to bad mouth them...

my experience with SNE ( when they actually sold to Canada ) was terrible. I for one am glad they no longer sell to my location. I used to buy bulk lots, that were listed as "avg VF" and I would invariably get a lot of books that had some that might have been VF but most were fine or less and even a book with a hole the size of a quarter through the front cover.

That said...are they the worst Ebayer I have dealt with? Far from it.

I think this "Award" needs a real name! We have Oscar, Grammy, Tony, Darwin, & Razzie! This award as well needs something! Any ideas? There will be a prize for who ever comes up with the name! Post it by the 1st. After the 1st vote by PMing me your choice. I will announce the name and winner the day of the Awards!

Sounds like all the nominees do nothing but sell turds. How about The Turdies?

1pdmvr.jpg

lol

lol... interesting thread, but lets not get carried away with this now. There should be a poll. A vote. Not just a nomination. Robo, CD... those are names everyone can agree on...

I also vote for SCNE to be removed. I've had multiple transactions over years and never a problem.

Okay.. I just read your above post..

I nominate Ebay seller and fellow boardie HARVDOSS

I will include Harvdoss. Have you had a bad experience with him?

Is there anyone else who feels Showcase New England should be removed as a nominee? Or anyone who believes he should stay? How about the other nominees? :juggle:

I've had good luck with Showcase New England.

I vote for.... kermitspadcomics

Terrible grading abilities

Always ready with an excuse... learned to ignore after 2nd order came in last year with massively overgraded books... all returned.

Have you ever met him? He set up at the Richmond Con about a year ago. He's this little short pudgy middle-aged bald guy. He talks like a child, making me think he isn't entirely all there. He had three or four long-boxes of silver/bronze and I was digging through it. I picked out a book and it had a tiny note on it, "Color Touch". I asked him about it and he confirmed it was restored, I said "How about this one?" And he said "Yeah, that one too". I was confused about which one he was referring to, and I asked for clarification and he said "ALL of them" I said "WHAT!!!!" You've got three boxes of low to mid-grade common silver and they all have "CT!!!" lol And yes, he should never, ever grade another comic because he's just terrible at it.

That's funny,

I did speak with him on the phone and if I recall correctly I got a little "Pee Wee Herman" kind of vibe from him.

Why would someone have that many color touched books or even bring them to a show? And if you do make a big sign saying ALL THESE BOOKS HAVE CT. And then give them away to kids.

to be fair he will refund without hesitation if you are dissatisfied. Not everyone has an eye for grading I guess but I dont pay attention to any sellers assigned grades anyway-I just look at the pictures and description.