• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Annual Worst eBay Seller Awards...Nominate and VOTE!

151 posts in this topic

Meet our 8th Nominee....Showcase-new-england! :golfclap:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=showcase-new-england&ftab=AllFeedback

Here is a quote from a board member:

"Showcase New England not only grades so poorly - it borders on fraud - they also expect you to take their overgraded junk and shut up - or they neg you.

Dan is a world class arse face."

A world class arse face...That sounds like a seal of approval if I ever heard one. :banana:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=120584&fpart=6

I've had tons of transactions with Showcase NE, and have never had a single issue - how about you actually do some research before you add people to this list?

Sooooo...you have not had an issue, so we should take them off the list? (worship)

I had seen Showcase New England on a few threads here BEFORE they were even nominated.

On a side note, I have bought a lot from them as well. Though some of the books were a little overgraded, as a whole I don't have a problem with them. But several board members do.

This thread makes me think it would be nice if we created a "family tree" diagram of all the scammers, their "offspring" when they get caught and dispose of that ID and their relationship to other scammers (their "cousins")

It would be a great reference to help those who get scammed by one ID to see the big picture when others talk about their experience with one of their other IDs

This thread makes me think it would be nice if we created a "family tree" diagram of all the scammers, their "offspring" when they get caught and dispose of that ID and their relationship to other scammers (their "cousins")

It would be a great reference to help those who get scammed by one ID to see the big picture when others talk about their experience with one of their other IDs

+1 (thumbs u

Meet our 8th Nominee....Showcase-new-england! :golfclap:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=showcase-new-england&ftab=AllFeedback

Here is a quote from a board member:

"Showcase New England not only grades so poorly - it borders on fraud - they also expect you to take their overgraded junk and shut up - or they neg you.

Dan is a world class arse face."

A world class arse face...That sounds like a seal of approval if I ever heard one. :banana:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=120584&fpart=6

I've had tons of transactions with Showcase NE, and have never had a single issue - how about you actually do some research before you add people to this list?

Sooooo...you have not had an issue, so we should take them off the list? (worship)

I had seen Showcase New England on a few threads here BEFORE they were even nominated.

On a side note, I have bought a lot from them as well. Though some of the books were a little overgraded, as a whole I don't have a problem with them. But several board members do.

If some random boardie can nominate Showcase NE to this list, why can't I nominate them not to be included?

If you're a comic book dealer (on eBay, at shows, on your own website, etc) there will always be someone who's had a bad transaction with you - if you've been around for a while, there will most likely be several. It doesn't matter whether you're the friggin' Mother Theresa of the comic book world, *spoon* happens and people get upset.

But there's a huge difference between a couple of mis-steps and the outright fraud that scum-of-the-earth like Robojo and cpauli are perpetrating, and my worry is that this list of yours is turning into a witchhunt for anyone with a personal grudge.

Heck, there's a bunch of people upset with Quality Comix right now - and not for the first time, I might add. Does this mean that Brent deserves to be nominated?

Dan sold me a book earlier this year, and then realized it had sold already. Not only did he refund my money immediately, but he also included the difference for me to buy one listed on Ebay at a slight higher price.

It may have only been $7 more, but I thought it was an amazingly kind gesture which he didn't even have to offer.

:cloud9:

The part about being nominated by someone on the board is that it's just that, a nomination. No one has won yet. I also think comments to explain more about these sellers, both good and bad is also fine. Who knows, maybe someone will post that they have dealt with Robojo33 several times and had no problems with him as well.

As far as Showcase New England, like I said before, I never had any problems really with him. And who knows, maybe he wasn't so great in the past and has cleaned up his act. Maybe he never had a problem to begin with. But the idea was that boardies CAN nominate anyone they feel is less then a stellar eBay seller. I think the final vote may speak a lot on that as well as your comments. Please, anyone can post here and defend some of these sellers...that would be great! :idea:

1pdmvr.jpg

lol

lol... interesting thread, but lets not get carried away with this now. There should be a poll. A vote. Not just a nomination. Robo, CD... those are names everyone can agree on...

I also vote for SCNE to be removed. I've had multiple transactions over years and never a problem.

Okay.. I just read your above post..

I nominate Ebay seller and fellow boardie HARVDOSS

1pdmvr.jpg

lol

lol... interesting thread, but lets not get carried away with this now. There should be a poll. A vote. Not just a nomination. Robo, CD... those are names everyone can agree on...

I also vote for SCNE to be removed. I've had multiple transactions over years and never a problem.

Seconded. Just to raise spoon.

1pdmvr.jpg

lol

There will be a vote. But we need sellers to choose from. It's board members nominating the sellers to vote on. Page 1 has the deadlines for voting. Also I encourage people to defend the sellers if they feel so inclined. I'm sure other members will weigh that in.

I do like hearing feedback though...it's still a work in progress.

1pdmvr.jpg

lol

I will include Harvdoss. Have you had a bad experience with him?

1pdmvr.jpg

lol

Is there anyone else who feels Showcase New England should be removed as a nominee? Or anyone who believes he should stay? How about the other nominees? :juggle:

1pdmvr.jpg

lol

Yes... me and Harvey, aka HarvDoss recently closed a deal for $1,100 and he sent me $1,150 and bumped up my income taxes.. totally unacceptable..

1pdmvr.jpg

lol

Yes... me and Harvey, aka HarvDoss recently closed a deal for $1,100 and he sent me $1,150 and bumped up my income taxes.. totally unacceptable..

So he sent you...more money? That's a problem I wish I had...

showcase-new-england seems to be pretty stand-up with their descriptions as far as "trimmed", "writing on cover, etc.

I was reading the robo thread and was linked to a page that said:

Fraud conviction. By the mid- 1990s, Dupcak had partnered with Glen Beram in Wall of Fame, a sportscard store in Levittown, N.Y., that came to national attention in one of the earliest busts for fake memorabilia.

If this guy is up to his old tricks it would not be pretty for him if he was jammed up a second time.

Samco1 nominated by Fazybones :golfclap:

SAMCO.... WOW!!!!!

Another purveyor of overgraded books with amateur color touch! The only WOW!!!!! is how he has 100% feedback. :P

Hint: put "-WOW" in your eBay searches to avoid search results from this slug.

+1

Worst amateur restoration I have seen on eBay. I remember that a few years ago I bought a ASM #75 "NM" from him that had so much bleeding color touch-up on the front cover that the inside front cover had more black than the outside :tonofbricks:

As for the nominations, I would like to add Gerry Ross to this list

1pdmvr.jpg

lol

Is there anyone else who feels Showcase New England should be removed as a nominee? Or anyone who believes he should stay? How about the other nominees? :juggle:

SNE should 100% be on the list.

Three transactions, three cases of undisclosed resto. The third transaction was them 'putting right' the second transaction. doh!

I gave up at that point...couldn't afford any more shipping charges which they don't refund, no matter how badly they up.

1pdmvr.jpg

lol

SNE should 100% be on the list.

Three transactions, three cases of undisclosed resto. The third transaction was them 'putting right' the second transaction. doh!

I gave up at that point...couldn't afford any more shipping charges which they don't refund, no matter how badly they up.

Let's not forget all the dozens of auctions they ended early for no apparent reason and the crazy high reserve prices.

And, although I am repeating myself.... WHY WON"T THEY SHIP TO CANADA???

They will happily ship to you in the UK but not a couple hours north of them into Canada? Keep them on the list just for being a d o u c h e bag neighbour. :makepoint: