• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Annual Worst eBay Seller Awards...Nominate and VOTE!

151 posts in this topic

I was trying to find out more info on Robojo. It seems he hasn't sold in the last year. (shrug) Maybe the Robojo nominated changed their name? Any info would be great! Below is the link to the Robojo I found.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=robojo&ftab=AllFeedback

Oh, he's still selling all right....

Thank you guys...here is the correct Robojo...Robojo33!

Biggest D-Bag award ^^

What did robojo33 do? Looks like he has nice books. I don't like the prices, but the books are nice.

I vote for.... kermitspadcomics

Terrible grading abilities

Always ready with an excuse... learned to ignore after 2nd order came in last year with massively overgraded books... all returned.

Have you ever met him? He set up at the Richmond Con about a year ago. He's this little short pudgy middle-aged bald guy. He talks like a child, making me think he isn't entirely all there. He had three or four long-boxes of silver/bronze and I was digging through it. I picked out a book and it had a tiny note on it, "Color Touch". I asked him about it and he confirmed it was restored, I said "How about this one?" And he said "Yeah, that one too". I was confused about which one he was referring to, and I asked for clarification and he said "ALL of them" I said "WHAT!!!!" You've got three boxes of low to mid-grade common silver and they all have "CT!!!" lol And yes, he should never, ever grade another comic because he's just terrible at it.

That's funny,

I did speak with him on the phone and if I recall correctly I got a little "Pee Wee Herman" kind of vibe from him.

Why would someone have that many color touched books or even bring them to a show? And if you do make a big sign saying ALL THESE BOOKS HAVE CT. And then give them away to kids.

I was trying to find out more info on Robojo. It seems he hasn't sold in the last year. (shrug) Maybe the Robojo nominated changed their name? Any info would be great! Below is the link to the Robojo I found.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=robojo&ftab=AllFeedback

Oh, he's still selling all right....

Thank you guys...here is the correct Robojo...Robojo33!

Biggest D-Bag award ^^

What did robojo33 do? Looks like he has nice books. I don't like the prices, but the books are nice.

I know your new here.Search for Robojo33 or Danny Dupcak here on these very boards,you'll get an idea.This man should be the king of crooked sellers,have his own lifetime hole award.

I had a pretty miserable experience with this maroon:

computerhelpers1

Anybody know if he's scamming using another handle? He's "no longer registered." In the transaction, he wayyyyy overgraded, and then I had to contact Ebay BP in order for me to get a refund.

I was refunded via ebay, but am still not convinced that the seller ever actually payed for it (Ebay provided the refund. Does that mean they extracted the refund from him? Or is it possible they just refunded me to appease me; and then, after the fact, force him to cough it up on threat of being shut down???)

He gets my nomination if he is currently selling/auctioning under another handle.

I had a pretty miserable experience with this maroon:

computerhelpers1

Anybody know if he's scamming using another handle? He's "no longer registered." In the transaction, he wayyyyy overgraded, and then I had to contact Ebay BP in order for me to get a refund.

I was refunded via ebay, but am still not convinced that the seller ever actually payed for it (Ebay provided the refund. Does that mean they extracted the refund from him? Or is it possible they just refunded me to appease me; and then, after the fact, force him to cough it up on threat of being shut down???)

He gets my nomination if he is currently selling/auctioning under another handle.

Too bad...this seller was a promising one. I have no doubt he has a new ID...does anyone know more about this "person"?

What's sad is many of these sellers will have great feedback sometimes because our fellow buyers on Ebay haven't a clue how to grade.

I just received a small pile of Copper Age books from a seller that has "Books were mint - 5-star seller" all through her feedback. I get a sampling of her books and everything has spine stress lines and corner bends.

And the real sad part - when I emailed to let her know of my concerns, she tells me all her books look like this. Even her previous sales books.

:odoh!

Who is this wonderful seller?

And our 7th nominee...and well deserved in my opinion is...Rich Muchin aka Tomorrow's Treasures! :boo:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tomorrowstreasures&ftab=AllFeedback

I've had a run in on eBay with this character...maybe someday I'll tell that campfire story!

Here is an example of POSITIVE feedback received by Muchin:

The item was already sold, but this is a great dealer! Buyer: milagrotrust ( 1625) Nov-16-10 17:53

EXCITING COMICS #4[1940]SCARCE (#380274612616) US $125.00

:screwy:

This is why eBay feedback is meaningless.

And our 7th nominee...and well deserved in my opinion is...Rich Muchin aka Tomorrow's Treasures! :boo:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tomorrowstreasures&ftab=AllFeedback

I've had a run in on eBay with this character...maybe someday I'll tell that campfire story!

Here is an example of POSITIVE feedback received by Muchin:

The item was already sold, but this is a great dealer! Buyer: milagrotrust ( 1625) Nov-16-10 17:53

EXCITING COMICS #4[1940]SCARCE (#380274612616) US $125.00

:screwy:

This is why eBay feedback is meaningless.

lol

Other board members have shared their experiences with Muchin. My favorite is from Lighthouse.

Muchin was at the Seattle show last February and I spent about 5 minutes talking to him. ... He had a pretty nice copy of Weird Mysteries 5, a 7.5-8.0. I asked him how much. He quoted me $1500 (guide was around $600). I was fully prepared to pay substantially more than guide, and probably would have gone to $1250. But he quoted me the $1500 and then acted like I wasn't even standing there, like he expected the announcement of the price to cause me to leave and just ignored the fact that I didn't... I'm 6'-7"... and somehow I just disappeared as far as he was concerned the moment he quoted the price.

I stood there for another 2 minutes, and then went across the aisle to make a deal on a low-grade Adventure 48...

Seemed pretty odd to me...

WORST DEALERS