• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do?

13 posts in this topic

Ok, so I have pretty much decided to spend the $99 on the CGC membership and get my three submissions, BUT.... now what should I submit??? I have three comics which I would have to say are all three 10.0 (and I dont say that lightly, they are the three X-Men Alpha, Omega, Prime and they have never been read and are in the most mint condition I have ever seen...0 flaws!) That having been said...I also have that GSX-Men #1 which might manage somewhere around an 8-9.0 grade and Wolvies Limited (Miller) series 1-4, and they would probrably manage 8-9.0. I also have Wolvies "The End" which would be around the 9.8 mark and his "Origin" series, each being around the 9.6-9.8 mark. Those are the front runners and I have other Moderns that would pull in the 9.0+ range. I cant make up my mind!!?? confused.gif What do you people think? How did you decide which books of yours you would send in?? confused.gif

The Wolverine's aren't worth submitting unless you get at least a 9.4 grade. I would submit the Giant Size X-Men #1, and 2 of the X-Men books that you think will grade 9.9 or 10.

I don't know. No matter how pretty a book may look, the odds of getting that 10.0 are astronomical. More than likely they'll come back 9.6-9.8. I'd go with the GS X-men and the two best Wolverines.

If you're really into Wolverine, I would look around to buy a nice raw HG copy of Incredible Hulk #180 and #181 and submit them with the GSXM #1. Some other cool wolvie issues to have in HG would be UXM #139 (first brown costume), X-Men V.2 #4 (Goes back to Yellow & Blue costume), and UXM #268 (Wolvie teams up with Capt. America & Black Widow). I'd CGC the two Hulks and the GSXM #1. That's where it all began.

I don't know. No matter how pretty a book may look, the odds of getting that 10.0 are astronomical. More than likely they'll come back 9.6-9.8. I'd go with the GS X-men and the two best Wolverines.

Yea, but the Wolverine issues will only sell for $10-20 if they grade 8.0-9.0. Why waste a $33 submission on that?

I probrably shouldve included my UXM Pheonix books... I have the complete saga in NM+, I would say ranging from 9.4 to 9.8. Maybe those would be the best bets to go first?

I would suggest to hold off on the membership. You don't need it yet. Send in the Giant X-Men on the $49 level and all the others as Moderns. Save the membership for when you have 3 books worthy of the Express service. Now you only have one. Or, sign up but just don't use the coupon until you buy two other high dollar books.----Sid

So then moderns arent worth the trouble really to sign up for membership with?

I personally would hold off on sending anything in until you have at least two more HG BA, SA, or GA ( cloud9.gif) comics besides the GSX... or at least two more books that are valued at more than $250. Like Bonds said... why waste a $33 submission ? Use it when it will actually save you the $33.

thanks for the tips! Ill hold off on the membership (for now!) but still submit the moderns for evaluation.

thumbsup2.gif