• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil #1 Club

612 posts in this topic

That's a really nice sqaured copied.

I have been reading a bit of the slack DD#1 gets in relation to other keys and it got me thinking (besides there being so many high grade) if the cover itself has let him down.

After staring at my own copy for awhile, I wondered if Spidy and FF hadn't have been featured on the cover if it would have given him more cred and also provided more eye appeal?

With that in mind I thought I'd quickly mock up a copy to see what it would have looked like and as suspected I think it does present better....

m5vr6.jpg

Any thoughts?

That's true, whenever I see a DD#5 I doh! in its stupidity.

I think Stan really missed an opportunity by not keeping 'The Fixer' around after the first issue. Had he done so, and with a little more character development I think he could have lead to what the Kingpin became but 17 years earlier.

I love the mock up, and while I do love the cover to #1, I think that's my extreme biased talking. I prefer your cover :)

DD's rogues gallery is one of the best out there IMO. Bullseye, Elektra and Kingpin being the big 3 (though, problem for DD is The Kingpin debuted in ASM).

I think the biggest problem with DD vs some of the other big marvel SA keys is that he lacks key issues early on. In the first 10 issues there's really only 2, maybe 3, that are must haves (#1, #7 and maybeeeee #2). If Kingpin had debuted in DD and given a couple more big keys in the first 25-50 issues he'd be right on par with the other Marvel giants.

Nice work, Killgrave. Your version of DD#1 really does look much better than the original. That said, I don't think the book's cover has held it down too much, though it certainly hasn't helped matters either. I expect the comic will get a nice boost once Marvel Studios gets around to bringing Daredevil back to the big screen and incorporating the character into their movie universe.

That is pretty cool however it needs a building or something behind it for more perspective

...and spiderman swinging from one building to the next and the FF in their ship!

Just kidding... I really like your idea!