• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venom #1 "Black Cover" found in a storage room. Never Opened from the 25-pack

129 posts in this topic

016 Venom: Lethal Protector 1 2/93 Marvel Comics Black Cover/Printing Error Modern 9.9 WHITE David Michelinie story

Mark Bagley & Al Milgrom art Spider-Man appearance.

:cloud9:

one case of Smirnov coming up

Absolute. :baiting:

016 Venom: Lethal Protector 1 2/93 Marvel Comics Black Cover/Printing Error Modern 9.9 WHITE David Michelinie story

Booyah.

pics or it didnt happen.

Picture will be here when I get it in. Book was just graded today.

Absolut - spelling is the first thing to go...

Absolut - spelling is the first thing to go...

I have am already on my 3rd vodka cran. :hi:

Saw a picture, and I believe there is only one.

Wow! Privately owned?

No, I hear it's in the hands of the Department of Agriculture, since it's...ya know...made from trees.

Don't be silly. He meant privately owned as opposed to being in the Guggenheim or the L'oeuvre.

I finally made it to the Getty last year. 11 years in LA, and I hadn't gone.

Needless to say, when I saw the entire room filled with Impressionist masters, I wet my pants and was giddy as a schoolgirl.

Van Gogh...Manet...Renoir...Degas...Cézanne...MULTIPLE Monets ( :o :o :o :o ), including several water lilies...

I was in heaven. Had I known this room was there, I would have gone years ago.

The rest of the museum is meh. There are scattered Baroque masters, but the Impressionist room really is the highlight. If there's less than $1B in there, I'd be surprised.

The van gogh is around $150 million, but there IS under a billion in value in that room. Probably half a billy. We once had a rembrant exhibit that was 12 religious paintings. That was a billion dollar room. I work for the getty btw, that's how i know all this.

P.s. can't agree that the rest is meh. Paintings from 1300s. Rembrandt and his teacher and pupils. The los Angeles panoramic views. The dutch master paintings. French furniture. meh only if you aren't an art fan.

Try living in LA for thirty years, and I still haven't been! I keep bugging the Mrs. to take me but I think she wants to deprive me of culture

Pm me your name and when you're goig and i can get you into the getty free. No parking fee. Anyone at all that's interested.

I have been watching this thread wondering what grade you got and all I can say is :o Wow... CONGRATS on the 9.9, your big pimpin now :insane:

:baiting: When you selling it?

Not sure.

I know both parties that got an 10.0 in this book, and this copy is the only 9.9 now.

Honestly the grade or the money really isn't that big of deal because it was more on how I obtained the book as well bringing me back to my younger days working at my local comic book store.

Congrats Jon, but it is a little itty bit about the money too :baiting:

Well compared to the other books in my submission this book is average. :whistle:

:golfclap: