• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best War Covers...

167 posts in this topic

I posted this on the Silver Age site, but since it's from the same run as the earlier GI Combat I figured it could fit here as well.

721181-GIC47.jpg

721181-GIC47.jpg.d6db3451327a4b616f1c3692fc66bb66.jpg

In my opinion one of the best Cold War paranoia covers ever (and also one of the worst copies still in existence, this one has the covers separated from the book, sigh).

721871-WWWIII.jpg

I often walk by the Capitol and think of this cover! The editors introduce the book with:

"Let the reason for publishing this shocking account of World War III be completely clear. We want only to awaken American --- and the world --- to grim facts. The one way to prevent this mass destruction of humanity is to prepare NOW! Only a super-strong and fully enlightened America can stop this crushing horror of the future!"

This cover and statement could probably just as easily be applied to today's world, but thats a thread that belongs on another website!

owned by a friend of mine but he was nice enough to do a scan for me a while back.

720721-Big_Battle30.jpg

Wow, great cover - is it Heath?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yup. It's Russ. As is the Battleground. I've met him on multiple occasions and have one of his recreations. Ooops foreheadslap.gif I'm not supposed to talk about art.

that and some funny animals. and some misc.

story written up in old CBM. blankis, original owner, was "differently abled" and couldn't go to war. but he loved war comics so they pre-dominate.

2 from the initial sale. That's it.

No idea about WDC&S. Uniformly they have subscription creases. Unlike the two late Uncle Scrooges I own. I might have a 60s Christmas Parade around somewhere. I know I bought one at one point, can't be certain I still have it.

No idea about WDC&S. Uniformly they have subscription creases.

frown.gif

Not all of them, though. I have a few in the 150s that were CGC graded 8.0 - 9.0. The mailing label is afixed right to the front cover.

Those with sub creases are still damn nice, though. At first glance it's hard to even tell some of them even have one.

Alan