• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books to submit to CGC

75 posts in this topic

Why do people keep calling the three Collector's Society submissions "free tickets"? They're not free at all, they're $33 per submission, which is only a bargain if you're submitting higher-dollar books.

What do you mean? My 3 were free except for the shipping/insurance.

He means the fee for a year's membership. For the cost of that membership the only perk you get is the submissions, hence they are $33 each.

Gav, the 3 sub tickets are nice but I wouldn't say they are the only perk. Some of us like the registry and the annual set competition as well as being able to inventory our CGC books. (shrug)

You can use the registry and census with just the free membership (shrug)

The only perk for Premium membership versus Associate is the three coupons. I'm not saying it's not worth joining if you have three books to sub that would cost a lot more than the membership fee. But for people like me it's just not worth it as I don't have any books to sub that would cost a lot of money.

Benefits.jpg

Well, it is free. I told my wife it was $109 to join, she does not know about the $39 membership option. I need a paid membership for my registry sets and online submissions.

So when I got my coupon I was like, "look! it is free, I am not spending any more money" then I use my super secret, paperless billing, credit card to pay for insurance and shipping. and while I am at it I send in 10 more books on fast track so they all get back around the same time. heh heh heh

I don't see where you can submit without a middleman or joining. When I look at the options, it says there are 3 ways to submit

We offer three ways to submit your comics to CGC for grading.

1. You may submit comics if you are a paid, active member of CGC Collectors Society.

2. Submit through a dealer near you

3. Submit comics through one of our Internet partners:

I am probably missing it somewhere, but, I don't see it. Any chance you can be so kind as to point it out?

You probably figured out it's Option # 3 that's the free one. Going through an "internet partner" is just a formality, it's not like you have to send your books to them. Once you click on one of the Partner's links (any one will do), you just click their CGC link, and you're re-directed back to CGC's page (seems pretty dumb, I know). Then you just print out the forms, fill 'em out, and send your books directly to CGC.

Why do people keep calling the three Collector's Society submissions "free tickets"? They're not free at all, they're $33 per submission, which is only a bargain if you're submitting higher-dollar books.

What do you mean? My 3 were free except for the shipping/insurance.

He means the fee for a year's membership. For the cost of that membership the only perk you get is the submissions, hence they are $33 each.

Gav, the 3 sub tickets are nice but I wouldn't say they are the only perk. Some of us like the registry and the annual set competition as well as being able to inventory our CGC books. (shrug)

You can use the registry and census with just the free membership (shrug)

The only perk for Premium membership versus Associate is the three coupons. I'm not saying it's not worth joining if you have three books to sub that would cost a lot more than the membership fee. But for people like me it's just not worth it as I don't have any books to sub that would cost a lot of money.

Benefits.jpg

AH! Gotcha. Didn't remember that. It's worth it for me. I typically pick up a few high dollar books every year so the coupons come in handy for me. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Well my 3 free books are on their way back now. They were received on 11/12/10 and were shipped yesterday so that is 15 business days. Not too bad. My Iron Fist #14 which I thought was a 8.5 got a 9.2 :applause: The X-Men #4 which I thought was a 4.0 got a 4.0 and the X-Men #3 which I thought was a 3.0 got a 5.0 :banana:

I am a happy camper. Had I not bought the premium package and just got the associates, it would have cost me the following to get these books graded:

Associates membership $39.00

3x Economy Submission (w/10% off) $86.40

3x Fast Track to get in 20 days $24.00

Insurance $13.10

Return Shipping $21.00

Total $183.50

I paid:

Premium Membership $109.00

Insurance $13.10

Return Shipping $21.00

Total $124.10

If that X-Men 3 were a 6.5 they would have adjusted the non-premium option from economy to standard. Same as if Iron Fist #14 had been a 9.6 or higher. So then it would have been even more savings.

Plus next year the membership renewal is cheaper and you still get coupon, I do not think the associates membership is discounted for renewals.

I sent out 11 books in modern tier the same day as me 3 free ones. But they said they did not receive them till 11/16/10. They JUST became verified yesterday!!!! I know they are a 40 day turn around but I think they are gonna wait till the last minute to do those.

Tell them they'd better hurry up then :baiting:

I treat that the same way as complaining at a restaurant. Dont say ANYTHING until you get your food unless you want a plate full of spit lol

You can choose a different restaurant though. I wouldn't complain at all :insane:

I sent out 11 books in modern tier the same day as me 3 free ones. But they said they did not receive them till 11/16/10. They JUST became verified yesterday!!!! I know they are a 40 day turn around but I think they are gonna wait till the last minute to do those.

40 days is not a guarantee. It is 40 "working" days and IMO anything that is not fast tracked will be sitting much longer until Jan/Feb.

40 days is not a guarantee. It is 40 "working" days and IMO anything that is not fast tracked will be sitting much longer until Jan/Feb.

+1

Unless it is express or higher tier, anything lower will take twice as long.