• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books to submit to CGC

75 posts in this topic

Normally i wouldnt care but 1 of my 3 is a robojo book :blush: and i NEED to know if its a PLOD before January 4th.

I may be wrong here, but after my books were verified and before they were graded, CGC posted in the line item section of submission tracking that they were in "Universal" category.

Wouldn't this mean that they have been looked at for resto???

gotcha.

I just noticed that my second submissions have nothing in the "category" box as of yet. And I remember it being a couple days after the first submission that it was posted all were universal.

I asked the receptionist at CGC the same question when I called to check on my SS subs that I cannot track and she said the same thing, that she does not think that means they are definitely going to get a blue label.

It just seemed logical to me that if they put it on there before they were graded that maybe there was an extra step or department that specifically checks the category or label color of books before the graders grade it.

Normally i wouldnt care but 1 of my 3 is a robojo book :blush: and i NEED to know if its a PLOD before January 4th.

I may be wrong here, but after my books were verified and before they were graded, CGC posted in the line item section of submission tracking that they were in "Universal" category.

Yes, this means they were checked for resto and were deemed fine. However, this does not preclude one of the graders from noticing something = it can still get a PLOD. So far so good but nothing is final until they are shipped.

Yes, this means they were checked for resto and were deemed fine. However, this does not preclude one of the graders from noticing something = it can still get a PLOD. So far so good but nothing is final until they are shipped.

+1

Books can and have changed from Universal to PLOD before being slabbed. As a side note: If your books are taking an unusually long time to go from verified to scheduled for grading it may have to do with them giving them the once over more than once.

+1

Books can and have changed from Universal to PLOD before being slabbed. As a side note: If your books are taking an unusually long time to go from verified to scheduled for grading it may have to do with them giving them the once over more than once.

I actually just got a book back today that went the other way. After resto check, it (Action #59) was noted as slight amateur. A few days later, it went back to universal. It came in today, a very nice looking blue label 7.0 with "very minor amount of glue on cover."

+1

I actually just got a book back today that went the other way. After resto check, it (Action #59) was noted as slight amateur. A few days later, it went back to universal. It came in today, a very nice looking blue label 7.0 with "very minor amount of glue on cover."

I once had a Verified Qualified changed to Universal upon grading. With some qualified flaws CGC has the option of giving you the hammer but with a Blue label.

I think they try and do what is most benefecial for the customer. In my case, I was pleased.

I just sent out a small submission, not using my "free" coupons at this time. Going to wait on using those for now, based on some sage advice from some well informed members here, and use them for some higher end books later down the road.

Based on what I have learned here, the books I sent in should (read as "hoping") come back in the 9.6-9.8 range. One might be a little lower, but hoping it's not.

+1

Congrats, you got the CGC "BSDs won't submit their restored Mile High books unless we put them in a Blue label" exemption!

My modern submissions that became verified on Monday, now have half marked as "modern" in category column and the other half have no notation.

and it is the top half that are all marked. They must actually go through them in order, even the order that you placed them on the invoice.

They must actually go through them in order, even the order that you placed them on the invoice.

They actually request that you pack the books in the order that you recorded them on the invoice to speed up turnaround times.

I sent out 11 books in modern tier the same day as me 3 free ones. But they said they did not receive them till 11/16/10. They JUST became verified yesterday!!!! I know they are a 40 day turn around but I think they are gonna wait till the last minute to do those.

40 days is not a guarantee. It is 40 "working" days and IMO anything that is not fast tracked will be sitting much longer until Jan/Feb.

+1

Unless it is express or higher tier, anything lower will take twice as long.

I can verify that "walk-thru" is on time... :insane: