• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel comic movies mayhem...!!!

75 posts in this topic

Surely Stan the Man would've been slightly embarrased at the Green Goblin's costume?
Do not even get me started on THAT costume!! I wouldve really loved the Spidey movie if it werent for the Goblin costume, it reminded me to much of a cheap Power Rangers costume! tongue.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

NOT YET ANOTHER post slamming Daredevil..I can't take it! 893blahblah.gif It ONLY grossed $180 mil worldwide. 893frustrated.gif

In fact , the movie was soooo bad they are making Elektra! and a Daredevil 2!

You do realize that it lost a ton of cash, something that even Hack-Boy Johnson admitted in an interview. Apparently, the production and ad budget were both understated, and it still had a long way to go to hit a profit.

Plus, outside of the bombing at the BO, only the most stillborn fanboy could call Dulldevil a great, or even good, movie.

P.S. Where did you hear that Dulldevil 2 was in production? Last I heard, Ben Affleck wanted to shovel that part of his career under the carpet and hope that people would just forget.

Deathlok- What did you do on the Hulk movie?

1. I liked the DD movie though I wouldn't have cast Garner as Elektra.

2. The Hulk was one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

3. Spidey was fun - not great - but fun. Goblin costume was unfortunate. Spidey II trailer looks awesome.

4. X-Men was fun. X-Men II was unbelievable-great story, great acting etc.

5. Blade -first scene worth the price of admission. Sequel was blah.

6. Hellboy looks like it will be a good ride.

7. Punisher trailer looks like [!@#%^&^] and I wish they could find a better villain than John "It's like so weird" Travolta.

8. Man-thing is intriguing. I hope it is more horror movie than super heroish.

9. Ghost Rider is hard to imagine as a good movie translation...

10. I loved Brandon Lee in The Crow.

11. Batman Deadend was the best Batman movie ever - even though it was only 8 minutes long.

12. The next Batman movie should be great- but no need for two villains- Ras al Ghul is more than enough. He is the villain I have been screaming for them to use since the awful 2nd Batman Movie...oh the horror...and then the 3rd- riddle me this- why? and last and by far least the 4th...All I remember is Ahhnold telling Bats to tell Alfred "Take two of dees and call me in the morning"--I would rather watch the Complete Madonna Movie Library with a double viewing of Swept Away than watch that piece of [!@#%^&^] again.

13. The FF Movie will be awesome. I heard they were going to make it campy- bad news-it was going to be like a Super Hero version of the Beatles It's a Hard Days Night. Make it serious when it has to be and funny when it should be- but most importantly be true to the source material.

14. Silver Surfer will make a great movie- definitely a cool idea to include SS and Galactus at the end of the 1st FF Movie. Tough to do if the rights are owned by different studios-we'll see.

15. While not necessarily a Super Hero Movie- howabout a Dukes of Hazzard Movie? Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson to the rescue...well um..... maybe...

IMO the best Super-hero Movies of all time are

1. Superman

2. The Phantom

3. Spider-Man

Now see a lot of people said that...but i thought the sequel was better then the first movie. It had more action and the big fight scene at the end was one of the most incredible mono-a-mono fights ever put on film!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Deathlok- What did you do on the Hulk movie?

I handle Finance, which basically means I get to handle millions of dollars on a daily basis. It also allows me to see what happens behind the scenes. The last film I was on was Tim Burton's "Big Fish".

Is this Manny from FLA?

I must admit that I sat in the front row of the movie theater when I saw the sequel so it may have been a little better than what I remember. Also the finale in the first one had one of the lamest lines in a movie ever- something about a skater going up hill or something- just horrible

15. While not necessarily a Super Hero Movie- howabout a Dukes of Hazzard Movie? Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson to the rescue...well um..... maybe...

Even though you jest about this, it may happen sooner than you think. foreheadslap.gif

Now see a lot of people said that...but i thought the sequel was better then the first movie.

893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

I bet you thought Ben Affleck was robbed of the Oscar for his work in Daredevil, right?

Even though you jest about this, it may happen sooner than you think. foreheadslap.gif

What did you do on the Hulk movie?

My production company just shot a pilot we are shopping -if you want to see a few clips from it go to www.metropolisent.com and click on Life After Skippy. Let me know what you think.

Vincent

Plus, outside of the bombing at the BO, only the most stillborn fanboy could call Dulldevil a great, or even good, movie.

Well call me Mister Still born Fanboy as I have said a few times here that not only did I enjoy Daredevil, I felt it was one of the better comic book inspired films. It has uncharacteristicly good continuity, plot development and eveness in pacing. No protracted "exctiing" scenes like that gawdawful belfry scene or aert museum scene in Batman, or the "how long can this go on?" (I won;t even TOUCH The Hulk - that was an abomination) or Spidey vs Goblin fight scenes (now I DID enjoy Spiderman but not tremendously - they took too much and went too far with the spidey mythos in one film to make iot feel right).

From the current crop of comic films I would say X-Men 2 was my favorite, followed by Daredevil, X-Men, and Spiderman.

Seriously? I thought Blade 2 was HORRIBLE.

Now see a lot of people said that...but i thought the sequel was better then the first movie. It had more action and the big fight scene at the end was one of the most incredible mono-a-mono fights ever put on film!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Well call me Mister Still born Fanboy as I have said a few times here that not only did I enjoy Daredevil, I felt it was one of the better comic book inspired films. It has uncharacteristicly good continuity, plot development and eveness in pacing. No protracted "exctiing" scenes like that gawdawful belfry scene or aert museum scene in Batman, or the "how long can this go on?" (I won;t even TOUCH The Hulk - that was an abomination) or Spidey vs Goblin fight scenes (now I DID enjoy Spiderman but not tremendously - they took too much and went too far with the spidey mythos in one film to make iot feel right).

From the current crop of comic films I would say X-Men 2 was my favorite, followed by Daredevil, X-Men, and Spiderman.

I agree with your film assessment.

I agree with your film assessment.

893frustrated.gif

"Good continuity"?? What the hell is THAT supposed to mean?

"Plot development"?? With the "answering machine method" of character development?? A disembodied voice providing inane exposition which then serves to explain EVERYTHING about the character and his current situation?? FLASHBACKS?!?!?!?!?!? This is plot development??

No "exciting scenes" (or was that "exiting scenes"-- either way, it made no sense)??? It's a damned ACTION MOVIE! The big fight comes when he beats up his would-be girlfriend on a playground in the middle of the afternoon in front of a bunch of kids! Was that supposed to be charming in some way?? That was the ONLY scene that differed from every other action movie ever made... and it was completely retarded.

The movie was completely generic, the acting was terrible, the dialogue was worse than the acting, the fight scenes were awful, Garner sucks, Affleck sucks, the kid who played Young Affleck sucks, the red hair was a joke, Foggy was a ridiculous shade of a character, the movie sucked. It sucked bad. Reeeeal bad.

Your rejoinder lacks character development, plot and continuity. How the mighty have fallen. frown.gif

Everyone says this... sorry.gif

Movie sucked. Sucked bad. Not my problem.

frown.gif

Majoroscious, your words would have had more impact had you recognized the new addition to my sig line. I figured if anyone on this board would get it, it would be you with your esoteric film knowledge. I weep. frown.gif

How many seuqels will SPider and X-Men possibly have with the "original" team (actors/director)?

Each have one more in the chute and that's it IMO.

Though we'll probably get another in 15-20 years when their careers have burnt out...... tongue.gif

Jim