• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15 DCs To Go - TRAGICALLY

33 posts in this topic

So as predicted, there were no Detective Comics 3, 4, or 5 all along.

Back to 15.

It's enough to make me give up.

THE 15 DC COMICS I NEED TO COMPLETE THE FULL SET

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS - 17, 22, 26, 27

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

BUZZY - 70

DETECTIVE COMICS - 3, 4, 5

THE FLASH Original Series - 43

GREEN LANTERN (Golden Age) - 30

HEART THROBS - 66

HERE'S HOWIE - 17

LEADING SCREEN - 68

SCRIBBLY - 6

DC PROMOTIONAL AND GIVEAWAY COMICS

ACTION COMICS 700 - GOLD EDITION

THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS - 1

BATMAN RAIN-BLO GUM COMIC - 1

BATMAN ONSTAR - 2

CARTOON NETWORK PRESENTS Platinum Edition - 1

COMIC CAVALCADE GIVEAWAY - 3

DC DIRECT SHOWCASE - 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16 onwards

DC HORIZONS - 2, 14 onwards

DETECTIVE COMICS 675 Platinum Edition

FLASH FORCE 2000 - 4, 5

FLASH TV BROCHURE GIVEAWAY - 1

JLA CLASSICS - SO MUCH FUN EDITION - 1

JOAN AND GINGER'S MAGAZINE - Any issues containing Superman-Tim cartoon strips except for May, July, and August 1947)

LOONEY TUNES TYSON MINI-COMICS "The Great Scavenger Hunt" - 2, 7, 8, 10

LOONEY TUNES TYSON SECOND SERIES - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

MAGAZINELAND - 1

METAL MEN Bound Preview - 1

OVERSEAS EDITIONS for US Armed Forces - Superman 27, 28, 72

SCOOBY DOO mini-comic with DVD - "Werewolf Are You" - 1

SILLY PUTTY MAN MEETS THE EGGOMEANY - 1

SOVEREIGN SEVEN Platinum Edition - 1

SPECIAL NAVY EDITION (1944) - 1, 3, 4, 5, 6

SUPERGEAR COMICS - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1940 - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1944 (Second Of Two That Year) - 2

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS - 1

SUPERMAN WORKBOOK - 1

SUPERMAN KELLOGGS SPECIAL EDITION 1954 - 1

SUPERMAN TIM - August 42, September 42, November 42, December 42, January 43, February 43, April 43, May 43, June 43, July 43, September 43, October 43, November 43, December 43, January 44, March 44, April 44, June 44, October 44, November 44, February 45, April 45, May 45, July 45, September 45, October 45, December 45, February 46, April 46, July 46, August 46, September 46, October 46, December 46, February 47, June 47, November 47, July 48, March 49, May 49, June 49, November 49, February 50, March 50, May 50

TWISTED METAL - 1

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMICS SEAL OF APPROVAL - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1944 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1949 GIVEAWAY - 1

XOMBI Platinum Edition - 1

DC RELATED COMICS

UNCLE SAM - 5 (pre-Blackhawk numbering)

HEART THROBS (Pre DC) - 4, 24, 40, 41

Hang in there, Ian! Setbacks and adversity are all part of the game. And it is a game!! Well, a little.

It doesn't expalin why someone took my money, made excuses, now pretends outrage at being hassled, and has to return the money. It does NOT make sense. I had an address all along, so he couldn't do a runner, so why offer them to me in the first place, and now have to send the money back. I actually feel quite sick.

Hang in there, Ian! Setbacks and adversity are all part of the game. And it is a game!! Well, a little.

It doesn't expalin why someone took my money, made excuses, now pretends outrage at being hassled, and has to return the money. It does NOT make sense. I had an address all along, so he couldn't do a runner, so why offer them to me in the first place, and now have to send the money back. I actually feel quite sick.

Complaint duly noted. But there's no point trying to figure out people like that, or understand them. Nevertheless, what a .

Complaint duly noted. But there's no point trying to figure out people like that, or understand them. Nevertheless, what a .

I really can't handle much more of this.

I really can't.

It's tainted my whole collection.

I feel sick literally.

Ian, Ian, Ian. At least you're getting your money back. God, the amount of times I've had my fingers burned or been messed around.

You don't need to hear any platitudes, but when this sort of cobblers has happened to me I just pick myself up, dust myself down and carry on.

Lesson learned: use your nous in future on big ticket items. I never would've sent $5000 for sight unseen books (no scans, even?). If I was desperate, I'd've contacted the bloke and arranged to meet him in Denmark (it's only a short, inexpensive flight). If that idea wasn't suitable for him, let the books go.

Ian, Ian, Ian. At least you're getting your money back.

Says who ??????????

Why is a promise of him returning the money any more believable than an e-mail from him which not only said he'd posted the three comics, but gave me a Danish Post Office tracking number ??????

How can you believe a liar ??????

Ian, Ian, Ian. At least you're getting your money back.

Says who ??????????

Why is a promise of him returning the money any more believable than an e-mail from him which not only said he'd posted the three comics, but gave me a Danish Post Office tracking number ??????

How can you believe a liar ??????

Never mind his lies and false outrage - if you've kept all your correspondence with him and have proof of sending the money, wheels can be set in motion.

I really can't handle much more of this.

I really can't.

It's tainted my whole collection.

I feel sick literally.

Ian, there's no malice intended with this post despite what I've stated in the past.....

Is this the only outlet you have to vent your frustrations with comics? I ask because you seem to wear your heart pretty close to the surface and come across at times as a wimpering child regarding your collection. I can understand being letdown considering the failed deal but posts like your's above doesn't help your case with those that are sick of hearing from you or your quest.....

Jim

Hopefully you will get your money back, otherwise I would be sick too! crazy.gif

But as awe4one pointed out, this one (of many set backs) in this life long quest should not derail you from completing your mission. You are coming across as a bit melodramatic.

Yes, $5,000 dollars is a lot of money to most, and if you don't get it back I wouldn't be happy either, but since it seems like you are hell bent on completing this collection in the shortest period of time possible.......maybe you are taking too many chances and should just slow down a tad bit 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, $5,000 dollars is a lot of money to most

It's a lot of money to ME.

I still haven't finished paying for my Detective 27, because money has become so tight.

Well., go and find some new cool soul band or something. Represent Zero 7 and get them to tour the States. Best new band I've heard in quite some time, at least from their last two albums. Good to hear you're getting your ca$h back, though.

I know $5,000 is a lot of money to me.

You know, something occurred to me, I'm not saying this is for sure, but a possibility occurred to me that perhaps you will get your money back, and perhaps he was legit and has the books...

Perhaps he had filled out the forms, the forms had the tracking number on them, but he hadn't made it to the post office yet for whatever reason. When you contacted the post office, because he hadn't gotten there yet, it wasn't a valid tracking number. He saw your messages and changed his mind.

Just a possibility that occurred to me. I don't know why I didn't think of that sooner--I know I can print Priority Mail labels online, and get tracking numbers--but the Post Office would see the tracking number as invalid until I actually dropped off the package.

I hope you get your refund, and find the books you want!

Best wishes,

Charlie

You know, something occurred to me, I'm not saying this is for sure, but a possibility occurred to me that perhaps you will get your money back, and perhaps he was legit and has the books...

Perhaps he had filled out the forms, the forms had the tracking number on them, but he hadn't made it to the post office yet for whatever reason. When you contacted the post office, because he hadn't gotten there yet, it wasn't a valid tracking number. He saw your messages and changed his mind.

I don't believe that for a second. Six weeks went by, plus he announced publicly that he had no Golden Age books, yet in his first e-mail to me he said he had all the first fifty Detective Comics. It was so obviously a scam.

On a brighter note, I just bought a Green Lantern 30. Which makes it fourteen, which isn't as good as the twelve I thought it was last week, but at least it's a genuine fourteen.