• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO CHICKENDEVIL

155 posts in this topic

The guy from Denmark turns out to be "ChickenDevil" who is actually a MODERATOR on the Comic Price Guide (CPG) Forum.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ?????

To stop him destroying this open challenge that I have posted up on there, I am also posting it up on here too.

ChickenDevil.

You are Lars Pedersen from Hjoerring in Denmark.

You're the one who took a bank cashiers check for five thousand dollars and gave me a tracking number that the Danish Post Office says isn't on their records. And I still don't have a Detective 3, 4, or 5.

You found me through these boards.

Here is your first e-mail to me......

Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ian

I might have something of interest to you. I have duplicate copies of Detective Comics 3,4,5 if you are interested? I bought the first 50 issues in '73 and I had to buy a complete run of the first 10 to get the remaining 4 I was missing.

The comics are stored at my brothers house (quite a bit away I'm affraid), I don't have the space for them. But I'll gladly fetch them for you, if we can work something out.

I'm not sure about the grades, I simply don't remember. I now they are very low, probably Fair or Good - but they are all complete copies.

Anyway, you can contact me if you're interested.

Regards

Lars, Denmark.

There have been ten further e-mails from you.

On 6th February you sent me

Quote:

Hi again Ian.

I've had my brother check the grades:

# 3: VG+

# 4: Fair

# 5: G

I suggest a price of $5000?

Lars

And I immediately mailed you the bank draft.

You later stalled for time with the following....

Quote:

Hi Ian.

I apologize, things are hectic here at the moment. My bank says the check has to clear, and I'm going with what they say, just to make sure. They say it should be cleared sometime mid next week, unfortunately I'm not back until wednesday march 8th after that. I have that day of, and promise you the package will be sent at that date.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Lars

And finally sent me this.....

Quote:

Hi Ian.

Package has been sent insured and trackable.

Number is: CC 90 360 110 5 DK

Thank you for doing business with you.

Lars

But the number is not recognised by the Danish Post Office. It is a correct TYPE of number, but it hasn't ever been entered into their system.

If you stole my five thousand, why bother with a fake tracking number ??? None of it makes sense to me.

After the horrible business of having to send the police round to Tom McMurren's house in Clive. Iowa, and now these three CRUCIAL Detective Comics looking suspicious, it's enough to make me just give up on completing my collection.

SO NEAR YET SO FAR.

One very kind Danish guy who lives in the US has been privately corresponding with me about this on the CGC boards.

Must we be suspicious of EVERY person we ever buy a comic from ????

I FEEL SICK.

Now that I've located where your brother runs his shop, and that you are actually a MODERATOR on these boards, now that it becomes clear that you've lied, and kept my money, and have never had the three Detective Comics in the first place, you now pretend to be offended and send me this pathetic excuse...

To Ian.

It has come to my attention that you have been harassing my family not only at their home but also at work and posting personal e-mails of mine on-line without my express permission, both of which are absolutely unacceptable, and I have no desire to do any deal with someone who can not even control themselves. Further more I've been receiving threats from an, at least to me, unknown person, who seems to represent "your best interests". I must say that the apparent lack of respect you demonstrate is staggering.

Therefore I will terminate all businessrelationship with you immediately. Tomorrow I‚ll call my bank and have them make a check for $5000 in your name and send it to you ASAP. You should have it sometime within the next two weeks. Since I have the exact same expenses in making out this check that you did, you will receive no compensation for the expenses you may have had with the initial check.

I expect that any further communication between us will be in a much more civil tone, or this will be the last time I write to you.

I wish you the best of luck with your collection ˆ which will NEVER include any of my comics.

Lars

This is a thinly veiled excuse to cover up your fraud.

I CHALLENGE YOU HERE IN PUBLIC ON YOUR OWN FORUM TO PROVE YOU HAVE THESE THREE DETECTIVE COMICS.

Or are you going to just cover up your fraud by having this thread removed ???

If you do, and if you ban me from here for daring to reveal your duplicity, I'm going to post it on the CGC forum too.

You are a liar and a cheat.

PROVE OTHERWISE, I CHALLENGE YOU.

On a CPG thread that he moderates, called "Which Golden Age Comics Do You Own", the fraudster says the following.....

"personally I don't have very many .... that being one!

It's Captain America Comics # 1 in F-. I bought it clearly undergraded from a guy in the UK. I paid $2400 for it, but that was allmost 12 years ago now. The value is much higher now, but I'm not selling it.

I was in negotiation with someone to purchase a complete run of the same title, but we never could come to an agreement."

ISN'T THAT FUNNY HOW HE CONVENIENTLY FORGOT THAT HE'S SUPPOSED TO HAVE CLAIMED TO OWN A RUN OF THE FIRST FIFTY DETECTIVE COMICS ???

WHAT A FU$$ING FRAUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would he refund your $5,000 when he already mailed his comics to you on March 10th (with tracking number)??? This way you'll have his comics AND the money back unless he never mailed the comics in the first place! 893whatthe.gif Sounds suspicious to me. smirk.gif

On a CPG thread that he moderates, called "Which Golden Age Comics Do You Own", the fraudster says the following.....

"personally I don't have very many .... that being one!

It's Captain America Comics # 1 in F-. I bought it clearly undergraded from a guy in the UK. I paid $2400 for it, but that was allmost 12 years ago now. The value is much higher now, but I'm not selling it.

I was in negotiation with someone to purchase a complete run of the same title, but we never could come to an agreement."

ISN'T THAT FUNNY HOW HE CONVENIENTLY FORGOT THAT HE'S SUPPOSED TO HAVE CLAIMED TO OWN A RUN OF THE FIRST FIFTY DETECTIVE COMICS ???

WHAT A FU$$ING FRAUD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/forum2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=6352&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=golden,age

Yup claims he bought the issues Ian was supposed to get back in 1973, but in August of 2003 he claims he doesn't even have them when he posts he only has 1 Golden Age issue.

Why would he refund your $5,000 when he already mailed his comics to you on March 10th (with tracking number)??? This way you'll have his comics AND the money back unless he never mailed the comics in the first place! Sounds suspicious to me

On the 10th March he sent me this...

Hi Ian.

Package has been sent insured and trackable.

Number is: CC 90 360 110 5 DK

Thank you for doing business with you.

Lars

On the 13th March he sent me this...

Hi Ian.

I‚m sorry, I haven‚t checked my mail for a few days. There is no need for all the suspicion. I simply didn‚t have time to send it wednesday as promised. I will send you the comics Monday, the tracking number is the same, I allready filled out the form.

Regards

Lars

On the 14th March he sent me this...

To Ian.

It has come to my attention that you have been harassing my family not only at their home but also at work and posting personal e-mails of mine on-line without my express permission, both of which are absolutely unacceptable, and I have no desire to do any deal with someone who can not even control themselves. Further more I've been receiving threats from an, at least to me, unknown person, who seems to represent "your best interests". I must say that the apparent lack of respect you demonstrate is staggering.

Therefore I will terminate all businessrelationship with you immediately. Tomorrow I‚ll call my bank and have them make a check for $5000 in your name and send it to you ASAP. You should have it sometime within the next two weeks. Since I have the exact same expenses in making out this check that you did, you will receive no compensation for the expenses you may have had with the initial check.

I expect that any further communication between us will be in a much more civil tone, or this will be the last time I write to you.

I wish you the best of luck with your collection ˆ which will NEVER include any of my comics.

Lars

Does ANYBODY on here think he EVER had these three Detective Comics ????

I think it's possible but who really knows with 100% certainty besides him?

Then why take weeks to send them, then say he had sent them with a fictitious tracking number, then admit he hadn't sent them after all, then appear outraged and call off the whole deal, and then it turns out he claimed to have had only one Golden Age comic on a public forum.

He doesn't exactly come across as Mother Theresa, does he ????

Then why take weeks to send them, then say he had sent them with a fictitious tracking number, then admit he hadn't sent them after all, then appear outraged and call off the whole deal, and then it turns out he claimed to have had only one Golden Age comic on a public forum.

He doesn't exactly come across as Mother Theresa, does he ????

He might be a nice guy I've never met him. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. confused-smiley-013.gif

Ian...it seems obvious to me that this guy never sent you the books and was hoping to pull a sham on you for $5,000 .

I sincerly hope you get your money back and I also hope that this guys decieptfulness is brought to the attention to as many people as possible....I don't blame you for being pi$$ed....but to get "sick" over it is just a waste of your energy...just try to brush it off and move on to the next deal (easier said than done)... 893frustrated.gif

Ian...it seems obvious to me that this guy never sent you the books and was hoping to pull a sham on you for $5,000 .

I sincerly hope you get your money back and I also hope that this guys decieptfulness is brought to the attention to as many people as possible....I don't blame you for being pi$$ed....but to get "sick" over it is just a waste of your energy...just try to brush it off and move on to the next deal (easier said than done)..

The CPG Forum have just locked the topic.

Now WHY do you suppose they would do that ????

SHAME ON THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey at least I got a post in before they locked it 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sorry, Ian that doesn't help you to get the word out on this guy!!! 893censored-thumb.gif

We must join together to prevent this censorship of free speech.

Otherwise we might as well be living in Nazi Germany.

SHAME ON THE COMIC PRICE GUIDE FORUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just posted an open letter to CPG on their forum as follows....

One of your Moderators, known as ChickenDevil, who is Lars Pedersen from Hjoerring in Denmark, has fraudulently stolen five thousand dollars from me.

He claimed to have three comics I needed, and took a bankers draft for five thousand dollars, then produced a fraudulent tracking number which didn't exist, and now wants to call off the whole deal after having my money for a month.

He solicited me in the first place.

I exposed his crime on the boards, and immediately the topic got locked.

WHY ????

Please explain.

Do you really want innocent board members to become prey to fraud by one of your own Moderators ???

Please do not ignore this terrible business.

I just want to say that I am ashamed and embarrassed that the

person in question is from my own home country. If anything,

Ian has actually understated the situation and been a lot more

patient and forgiving than I would have been in his place.

The rest is a very serious matter that should be handled off-line

by the proper authorities.

I just want to say that I am ashamed and embarrassed that the

person in question is from my own home country. If anything,

Ian has actually understated the situation and been a lot more

patient and forgiving than I would have been in his place.

The rest is a very serious matter that should be handled off-line.

Hans.

You have been marvellous, and if not for you, then I would never have tracked him down. And thankyou for writing to him in Danish.

You are the one he accuses of interfering in his vicious e-mail from earlier today, where he pretends outrage and calls off the deal.

If you hadn't interfered, I would probably have zero chance of getting my money back from this criminal.

As it is, he will probably end up getting arrested, but I might STILL never see my money again.