• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO CHICKENDEVIL

155 posts in this topic

Since both CPG and CGC are business partners there is no point why both boards cannot get along, we are all adults.

Enlighten me - how are they business partners?

uh.........they both have Comics in their names?? wink.gif

Open Challenge.... sleeping.gif

Wake me up when it starts.

news.gif

I don't encourage you to hold your breath, Chickendevil has been gone for months, only made 3 posts on CPG since last August. My understanding is he couldn't take the heat so he left the kitchen when someone challenged him about his claim of buying 100 copies of Born or something like that.

I am just disappointed that you chose to send this guy $5,000 for books that you didn't even get scans of, yet I posted a scan of my highly collectible and rare Double Action #3 and you didn't offer me a nickel.

sign-rantpost.gif

Ian- I will check my database to see if I have any info on this guy. I am very sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. Good luck I hope you get your money back soon.

In the future ask for references from anybody you are going to buy from. Also make sure to find out the person's return policy-try getting it in writing etc...

Vincent

PS- I recently had a guy using my name as a reference to get people to ship books and money to him. I may post my entire experience on this forum soon...

You see, Vincent, when you buy comics from Metropolis or Harley Yee, this never happens. Up till recently, almost all my comics came from reputable dealers.

Sadly, with fifteen comics to go, I have to look harder. The guy Lars Pedersen approached me with a deal on the three Detective comics and I took it. If I'd been too suspicious I may have lost the deal. I never believed it was a scam. For instance, I have had wonderful dealings with a guy in Germany, who sold me New Comics 1, More Fun 15, 16, 60, 62, and several others. I just assumed this scum in Denmark to be as honourable as the German guy - but I was wrong.

I wish Metropolis had been able to sell me low grade copies of Detective 3, 4, and 5. Sadly they don't seem to be easily around.

I'm really down at the moment and can't seem to snap out of it.

I am just disappointed that you chose to send this guy $5,000 for books that you didn't even get scans of, yet I posted a scan of my highly collectible and rare Double Action #3 and you didn't offer me a nickel.

Of course not.

I was waiting for you to pay me to take it off your hands

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because he's a liar and a thief?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly !!!!!!!

He lied about having the three comics.

He lied about sending them.

He lied about the tracking number.

He lied about his brother.

He habitually lied in his postings on the CPG forum.

How can I believe a word he says ????

At least he's consistent! 27_laughing.gif

So I guess the question, "What came first, the chicken or the Devil?", is now a moot point and thanks be to God, you've gotten your money back!

Now the question is, WOULD I have had the money back if I hadn't made such a fuss ????

I hope you get your cash, I've got stung too... for a lot smaller amount, but it still smarts all the same.

The money actually arrived back this morning.

Hoo - friggin' -ray! The wheels are back in motion......

P.S. Ian - next time this sort of (non-existent) stuff becomes available, run it by the Forum first. There's always someone on here who'll pass on some background information, so the gamble would be less fraught. No sense in going through hell again.

So I guess the question, "What came first, the chicken or the Devil?", is now a moot point and thanks be to God, you've gotten your money back!

Now the question is, WOULD I have had the money back if I hadn't made such a fuss ????

Actually, the question is, WOULD I have my 3 comics if I hadn't been such an impatient arse ???

I hope you get your cash, I've got stung too... for a lot smaller amount, but it still smarts all the same.

The money actually arrived back this morning.

Good news! Now we all await the next dramatic installment of the Ian Levine soap opera. Guaranteed to have more angst than you can shake a stick at! wink.gif