• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO CHICKENDEVIL

155 posts in this topic

********Instead, I'll sit on the sidelines and watch him chase his few remaining books, looking forward to that day when he secures his final issue. I don't think we'll have to wait too long.*****

Uhmmm...What happens then?

Then, just as in the Ylem (Big Bang) theory of cyclic cosmic expansion and gravitational contraction every 80 billion years, Ian will start the systematic sell-off of his collection. When he's done with that, he'll re-collect them all over again! thumbsup2.gif

********Instead, I'll sit on the sidelines and watch him chase his few remaining books, looking forward to that day when he secures his final issue. I don't think we'll have to wait too long.*****

Uhmmm...What happens then?

Then, just as in the Ylem (Big Bang) theory of cyclic cosmic expansion and gravitational contraction every 80 billion years, Ian will start the systematic sell-off of his collection. When he's done with that, he'll re-collect them all over again! thumbsup2.gif

I'm not sitting through all that again. mad.gif

I'm not sitting through all that again.

Neither am I

Don't worry, we'll most likely be dead in 40 billion years.

BUT OUR COLLECTIONS WILL SURVIVE!!!!!!!!

Won't they?

After my collection is exposed to high levels of radiation while repairing the warp drive on my Acura, I'll be loading it into a gigantic sunglass case and shooting it into space.

angel.gif

Neither am I

Won't they?

After my collection is exposed to high levels of radiation while repairing the warp drive on my Acura, I'll be loading it into a gigantic sunglass case and shooting it into space.

angel.gif

I hope there's humidity control in that sunglass case, otherwise those comics may degrade.

Neither am I

Won't they?

angel.gif

I hope there's humidity control in that sunglass case, otherwise those comics may degrade.

As my good friend the De-Humidifier once told me: "HUMIDITY MUST BE DESTROYED! DESTROY ALL HUMIDITY!"

Neither am I

Won't they?

angel.gif

As my good friend the De-Humidifier once told me: "HUMIDITY MUST BE DESTROYED! DESTROY ALL HUMIDITY!"

27_laughing.gif Damn puny humidity!!

Do you still have to change the micro-chamber encapsulation paper every 7 years if you're traveling in Hyper-Space?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

An excellent question... I would assume it will have to be changed every thirteen or fourteen seconds if one is, in fact, travelling faster than the speed of light... damn cheap micro-chamber encapsulation paper. Just another way for CGC to make an easy buck, if you ask me. 893frustrated.gif

An excellent question... I would assume it will have to be changed every thirteen or fourteen seconds if one is, in fact, travelling faster than the speed of light... damn cheap micro-chamber encapsulation paper. Just another way for CGC to make an easy buck, if you ask me

At that rate, you're talking about the same book being re-holdered over 4000 times per day, although of course from our persepective, they would be perceived as very long days!!! 893whatthe.gif

I hope that whichever graders have been assigned aboard our space-ship, entrusted with the care, safety, and maintainance of our graded books as we hastily flee our dying galaxy, are up to that monumental task and have steady hands! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ian is Ian. He is 100% consistant in his behavior, so he's not going to change or turn into someone else at this stage in his life. Love him or hate him, he is simply being himself.

In short, the drama and myopia are here to stay.

He does show a marked tendancy toward staying in very specific threads, i.e. those that are about him. So he is easy to avoid, for those posters who find his style a tad too intense.

And for those who are deeply bothered, there's always the 'ignore user' feature.

Personally, I'm torn in my opinion of him. I find his collection amazing, and I am often entertained by his manic responses to every aspect of completing it. However, I find his self-centeredness a bit off-putting (and yes, it's just Ian being Ian). So I read some threads, and I skip others. I believe that my response to Ian is my issue, not his.

I hope he completes his quest. I loved seeing the photos. I envy him his full runs of Wonder Woman, Sensation, JLA, Comic Cavalcade, All-Star, etc. I like the fact that he doesn't care about grade. I hope he reads his comics, as that is what I would do in his shoes. He has shelf after shelf of wonderful stories, spanning 70 years. That's just plain cool.

Yes, it would be nice if he looked at us as a community, and joined us with that spirit, instead of just as tools to help him reach his goals. But I'm not holding my breath. Instead, I'll sit on the sidelines and watch him chase his few remaining books, looking forward to that day when he secures his final issue. I don't think we'll have to wait too long.

-- Joanna

Spot on, Joanna. Absolutely spot on.

An excellent question... I would assume it will have to be changed every thirteen or fourteen seconds if one is, in fact, travelling faster than the speed of light... damn cheap micro-chamber encapsulation paper. Just another way for CGC to make an easy buck, if you ask me

At that rate, you're talking about the same book being re-holdered over 4000 times per day, although of course from our persepective, they would be perceived as very long days!!! 893whatthe.gif

I hope that whichever graders have been assigned aboard our space-ship, entrusted with the care, safety, and maintainance of our graded books as we hastily flee our dying galaxy, are up to that monumental task and have steady hands! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif I just hope that Greggy doesn't get loose on the ship while the rest of us are asleep in our stasis pods! :::shudder:::