• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robojo ASM #300?

58 posts in this topic

So are you guys saying that I should start formulating another letter to Ebay corporate? :/

If people have proof that this guy is breaking the law, scamming or doing other types of illicit activities then it should go to the NYS Attorney General and of course to Ebay. If it's just grumbling then it's basically nothing to officially complain about. If it's undisclosed restos this can happen and more frequently with higher volume dealers. If someone has proof he is doing the restos and selling them then that's different. He served his time. What can someone say that he has in fact done and more specifically that he has intentionally done.

Having a bad reputation is not illegal.

I haven't seen him wield a scalpel late at night, no. :P Barring that, it'd be pretty tough to prove. Plausible deniability - 'I didn't know the book was trimmed - I bought it that way'.

Before you elect to play devil's advocate, you ought to read the preponderance of information that has come to light over the years. This isn't a case of bad reputation. This is a case of systematic fraud.

Yeah, you should read the "justafanboy" link before posting any more. Save you some (more) embarassment.

You were 'beat over the head' because you persisted with the devil's advocate shtick after the above research suggestions.

Yes, he did things in the past. From what you're saying you personally have been ripped off and from what I read on a couple of links it seems like this guy is a POS that's up to his old tricks. If this is the case it's bordering on total stupidity since he has a prior conviction doing the same thing or close to it.

What would be stupid about it? He made hundreds of thousands of dollars doing it in the past. He obviously has no moral qualms about his actions and has decided that the risk is worth the reward.

Get me proof of his cracking restored books and selling them as unrestored on Ebay and I'll do the same that I did to those other clowns.

The other guys are just that by comparison to Dupcack. Rank beginners. I would recommend you keep your 1.0 batting average. If you want to write something up, let someone else submit it, as it would be best not to affect your other positive result.

You were 'beat over the head' because you persisted with the devil's advocate shtick after the above research suggestions.

Holy . I'm reading the testimonials. Forget the devils advocate stuff. Why hasn't the author of this website submitted what he has to the NY Attorney General and the NY DA's office? I would think that there would be some interest in a convicted felon doing the same thing right under their noses. It's almost unimaginable what this guy is doing after he's taken a lump for it.

Holy . I'm reading the testimonials. Forget the devils advocate stuff. Why hasn't the author of this website submitted what he has to the NY Attorney General and the NY DA's office? I would think that there would be some interest in a convicted felon doing the same thing right under their noses. It's almost unimaginable what this guy is doing after he's taken a lump for it.

Again, every question you have asked has been answered countless times already. There has been immense interest in this guy and there have been infinite threads about how he could be convicted - if it was straightforward, he would have been jailed by now and his operation (temporarily) shut down. There are many, many lawyers on this Forum, some of whom are based in NY, one of whom (well, he's in D.C.) is building a case against him as we speak. The concensus from all of them is that the man knows how to get away with it.

At the end of the day to think that this situation could be otherwise here on this Forum does seem a bit disingenuous. It is obvious that a career criminal working within this hobby who is still active after many years would be a cause celebre here - how could he not be?

And to think, no-one has even brought up DD's photoshop skills....

that's because his photoshop skills sux, pretty pedestrian if you can spot it. :taptaptap:

that's because his photoshop skills sux, pretty pedestrian if you can spot it. :taptaptap:

And yet, look at his feedback. As I recall it took a photoshop expert (Red Hook) to show the board what he was up to and how prevalent this practice was with Mr. D.

but is his feedback really legit? hm as for photoshop, he was caught because he couldn't hide the actual flaws, what he was doing was enhancing the colors of the books.

He's still active, and even if the FB is cak, it's a moot point. His FB percentage is currently 100.

I know some of the old timers who have been in this hobby since the 1970's, this clown has been up to no good since the late 1980's for sure. He is actually a smart guy and could easily earn a good living doing business the correct way, yet he continues to almost invent a new way of scamming people year in and year out. The guy dug his own grave over a decade ago.

And that's where my note about 'plausible deniability' comes in. Between his 'restoration guarantee' and the 'i bought the book that way' defence, it would be very hard to meet a legal burden of proof.

The man is a very refined crook.

And yet, look at his feedback. As I recall it took a photoshop expert (Red Hook) to show the board what he was up to and how prevalent this practice was with Mr. D.

Didn't he get caught real bad one time and he blamed it on his kid (7 year old daughter)?

Didn't he get caught real bad one time and he blamed it on his kid (7 year old daughter)?

Sounds like something he would do....

You can't scam a slabbed comic. It is what it is.

The 5 years parole he had to deal with means it was a felony(s). If he is up to his old tricks again that's like playing Russian Roulette with 5 rounds in the cylinder.

I's not sure if he's really scamming people or it's just more people grumbling that the neighbor bought a nicer car than you bought so there must be something wrong with it; or something like that. You get the idea.

There's no need to question the Jedi counsel on this boards. These freaks here know thier mess .. just believe padawan. Just believe.

The more I read about comics and the antics of some dealers the more it’s just like the art world. I know a VERY successful art dealer. He’s been shafting people for years. Selling fakes (forgeries), taking art on commission then keeping people’s money. His attitude “sue me”. He’ll take a piece on commission and promise 50k and then send you 12k. He’ll sell a piece and tell you that you will get 250k at auction easy and one prestigious NY politician took him up on that promise and got around 40k at auction losing near 100k. There were issues with his child support too. He was making hundreds of thousands of dollars and had his money shielded and paid his kid 100$ a month or some ridiculous amount per month.

He sold an elderly man 2-million in art that was worth less than 500k at full appraisal (that means you’ll never really get that amount – more like 200k). When he was sued by the man’s children a year later he said during deposition that their father loved him more than they loved them.

He scammed once again and in court before a judge blamed his 7-year old for what he was being accused of. He settled, but the similarities are chilling.

He also sues his customers. If you sue him for shafting you he’ll counter sue with a ridiculous amount. I’ve heard that he tried to sue an eBay action winner for outbidding him (actually filed and told the buyer he wanted the pieces as settlement). His partner is an attorney and from what I’ve heard all they do is scam and sue.

I think the problem I have with this thread is that there are a number of people out there that thrive on shafting (trying to avoid soon) people and making A LOT of money doing it. It makes you wonder if this is what separates the successful dealer from the one that just gets by because they’re not playing on a level playing field. I just think it’s unfortunate for everyone involved. The art dealer never did anything to me until I bought art that he wanted to buy. Then I learned first hand what he was about. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for years. I guess my belief that there is some good in everyone needs an adjustment in reality.

I think the problem I have with this thread is that there are a number of people out there that thrive on shafting (trying to avoid soon) people and making A LOT of money doing it. It makes you wonder if this is what separates the successful dealer from the one that just gets by because they’re not playing on a level playing field. I just think it’s unfortunate for everyone involved. The art dealer never did anything to me until I bought art that he wanted to buy. Then I learned first hand what he was about. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for years. I guess my belief that there is some good in everyone needs an adjustment in reality.

Reward the good dealers with your business.